To new beginnings

Chris's plane landed and she made her way to the hotel. She took out a outfit to sleep in and made her way to the freshly done bed. She lay her body down, hoping that sleep will overcome her, but nothing. She usually would have slept after a 11 hour flight but every time she closed her eyes she saw Alex, she saw all the memories they had made together and then she saw her with Maggie. She got out of the bed and she made her way to a nearby bar. She ordered 3 shots of vodka and downed them instantly.

"Christine Trodaire, why the hell are you here?"

"No way. Morgan Smith?"

"Hey Chris"

"How are you? I haven't seen you in what 5 years?"

"Yeah. I'm good, I got married. I have a little girl aswell."

"That's amazing Morgan."

"I invited you. But I kind of knew you wouldn't come. I'm sorry for what happened."

"No it's cool, I'm so sorry that I didn't come to your wedding. So whose the lucky guy?"

"Remember Bryan?"

"Bryan the one who kept asking you out every time we went to dinner?"

"Yes that Bryan. I gave in, and he is the sweetest person ever, he is so amazing with little Maddie and he just is the love of my life."

"That's amazing, I'm so happy for you" Chris hugged her friend.

"So, you never answered my question. Why are you here? Last I heard was you moved back to America."

"Yeah, I did for a while, hung out with Lena, had a job with her for a bit, but I got an offer here and I took it."

"How is Lena?"

"She's good, she's running the whole of L-Corp, and she helps out with supergirl and I'm so proud of what she has achieved."

"I heard she was dating a reporter. Kiera?"

"Kara, yeah they went public not too long ago. I swear those two are so cute together. One time Lena filled her whole office with potstickers which is her favourite food."

"That's cute. What about you? You seeing anyone?"

" I was. Didn't end too well."

"I'm sorry to hear that. But I'm hosting a party in 3 days you should come. I'll introduce you to a few of my friends, you know the best way to get over someone is to get under someone else." Chris chucked and agreed. They talked a bit more and for the first time in a month, her mind was finally away from Alex.

•••

Chris had found a new apartment to live in whilst she was in London. She moved in after 2 days of staying in the hotel. She looked at her apartment and let out a sigh of relief. This is her new beginning. She looked at her watch and saw it was nearly time to leave for the party. She had her bike shipped to her so she had received it the day before. She sat on the bike and placed her helmet on. She closed her eyes for a second taking a breath and readying herself for the social intrusion she's about to face. She was going to see many of her old team mates and match rivals. Though many of them played against each other they were still good friends.

She began to drive off and heard the sound of sirens coming from a nearby bank. She revved her engine and turned following the sound. Chris had left her helmet on and decided to fight like the way Kara had taught her. She apprehended the suspects and placed them into the police car. She then sat on her bike and sped off leaving them no chance to ask questions.

She arrived at the party with a bottle of red wine. She knocked on the door and it was opened by Morgan herself.

"Heyyy Chris."