Moving back again

"I'm moving back to National City." Chris had texted Sam that evening asking whether they could meet instead of call. Sam agreed and they met at the same coffee shop they had their dates in.

"That's awesome. How comes you changed your mind?"

"Lena and Kara." Chris hesitated and decided it was best not to mention Alex. "I just realised how much I missed them and how badly I need them in my life." Chris realised she was talking about the couple but she was mainly talking about Alex. "I love them and it's not fair to leave them behind. Sure some things happened but it's good to give them a second chance right?"

Sam was now confused but just nodded along. "It's going to be so amazing living in National City with you. We wouldn't have to face time." Sam chuckled. "But what about your job?"

"I talked to my boss and they decided it would be best if the team do come to America to train. It lets them get to know other ways to play and competitors around the globe."

"That's great."

Sam kissed Chris, and Chris couldn't help but realise her lips didn't feel as perfect as Alex's when they kissed. She tried blocked out the thought of Alex but it just kept coming back. She moved back from the kiss and smiled at the woman.

"I'm sorry, I have to go." Chris heard her phone ping and saw a text from Lena.

"Of course. See you later Chris."

"See you, Sam."

•••

Chris made her way to the stadium where Lena already was, Jessie had decided to visit after finding out that the team would be going to America for the season.

"Hey Jessie, Lena." Chris walked through the doors and made her way to the board room where the players were waiting.

The two women followed behind Chris and entered the room after her, they sat down on the chairs by the door whilst Christ stood in the front and addressed the team.

"Okay, I'm sure you know this already but I have to make sure. You guys are coming to National City for the season. Anyone who can't, I completely understand. You can stay behind and Jessie will be here to coach you. Anyone who does come, your hotel, flights and groceries will be paid for by your sponsor L-Corp." Chris gestured to Lena who stood and waved.

"Questions?"

One of the players stood up and asked, "why America?"

"Because I am actually moving back to America and I thought that you all will benefit with coming with me, if let's you develop new skills that Americans use and also lets you see how the opposition from abroad plays."

Satisfied with the answer the woman sat down.

Another player stood up.

"Will we be allowed to come back during holidays and such?"

"Of course. You guys have free access to come back whenever you want. Just come to me or Lena and we will arrange the paperwork and the flight for you."

"Can we bring our son? He is only 1 and me and Michele wouldn't want him to be left with either of our parents." One of the women asked.

"Lee?"

Lena stood up and answered, "yes, I can arrange for your room to have a cot and to be baby proofed, and if you do need a sitter I'm sure L-Corp can arrange something."

"Thank you."

A few other players asked some questions and once they were all answered and the paper work was complete, Lena and Chris made their way to her apartment.