Chapter 4: Meet Class 1-A

The sound of rain pelting the roof of my house filled my ears and helped to calm my nerves. I was curled up in my reading chair in my room; my most recently purchased book sat in my lap. My eyes darted to and fro as I eagerly took in every word.

It had been a week now and my results for the entrance exams were due to arrive any time now. I had mostly stayed shut away in my room to avoid any confrontations with my mom. I passed the time by going to my Muay Thai training, reading, and visiting the park with Emiko.

My ears twitched as I heard footsteps fast approaching quickly. I could instantly tell they belonged to Emiko. On cue, my door was flung open to reveal my little sister. Her eyes were wide and she was slightly out of breath.

"What is it Emiko?" I asked.

She raised a shaky hand in the air to reveal a large envelope clutched tightly in her grasp.

I felt my own body begin to shake as the realization hit me. It seemed as though all the oxygen in my lungs left of its own accord.

My results.

In an instant, I was standing in front of Emiko. I quickly pulled her into my room and pulled the door closed.

"Here Kita," she said as she handed me the envelope.

I had to force myself to not just rip the envelope open. Instead, I carefully tore it open. I reached my hand in and pulled out a small, metal disk.

"It's a holo-message!" Emiko said excitedly.

I walked over to my desk and set the disk on top of it. I was so anxious I couldn't even sit down. My fingers trembled as I pressed the button in the middle to activate the message. Emiko was standing quietly at my side.

As soon as I pressed the button a holographic image of a beautiful woman appeared. She was wearing her signature hero costume: a lavender-colored leotard that left much of her skin exposed. Over her chest was a white sun symbol.

She had long, wavy, white hair, even her eyelashes were white. Her skin was a dark ebony color. She had striking lavender eyes and full glossy lips. White freckles dotted her face along her cheeks and the bridge of her nose.

I recognized her instantly. She was the number one hero in Japan: Solaris.

"Greetings, Kita Yukimura," she said in a smooth, somewhat low-pitched voice. It was pleasing to my ears.

"As you probably already know, I'm here to discuss your results for the entrance exams at U.A." Solaris continued. "Each student is graded on a variety of criteria including combat skills, rescue skills, teamwork, communication, and overall Quirk potential.

"Your first instinct once the villains began attacking was to seek out nearby citizens and get them to safety; a truly heroic act. While defeating villains in combat is important, the whole purpose of having professional heroes is to protect those that cannot protect themselves. You've shown great understanding of that fact."

I felt tears well up in my eyes. I wasn't overly fond of Solaris. I didn't necessarily dislike her, but she was the number one hero. That meant she was constantly in the public's eye. She was always on TV and was basically worshiped by everyday people. She was treated more like a movie star than someone just doing their job to keep people safe.

Hearing those words from her though... it made my heart clench as my emotions went into overdrive.

Solaris began speaking again. "When you came into contact with other students you worked with them as a team to save the endangered citizens. You were honest about your own capabilities and what your Quirk can do. When Electra released her robots to attack you, Misaki Handa, and the citizens; you didn't hesitate to hold the front line while Handa took the citizens to safety.