Part 50

~Payton's POV~

Right now it's 4am and Ava and I are cuddling. I can't fucking fall sleep. For the past two years I haven't been sleeping well. I'll get like 2-3 hours a night, but I got used to it.

Tonight though, I can't sleep at all. I just been laying here, trapped in my thoughts. Well a single thought. All I can think about is when Samantha called me "dude". She's never done that before.

I gave up on trying to sleep and got out of bed. I left the room and went down stairs. When I got the kitchen I noticed that I wasn't the only one with this idea. Samantha was sitting on top of the island table. Her legs were crossed and she was on her phone.

I don't know why but I just stood there and stared at her. Is that weird? Probably, but I don't care. She doesn't know that I'm in the kitchen with her though.

S: you know it's not polite to stare.

Spoke too soon

P: oh um

She put her phone down and look at me confused.

S: why are you up?

P: couldn't sleep, you?

S: same

I want to ask her, what are we but I'm too scared too.

S: say it

P: what?

S: I can tell that you want to say something so say it

P: n-no I wasn't.

S: just tell me

P: fine I was going to ask you, what's your favorite animal

S: dog and that question was a lie.

Why does she know me so well?

P: um

S: whatever bro you don't have to tell me if you don't want to.

She got up from the counter and went to the living room. I didn't say anything, I just watched her. Wait a minute

I'M BRO NOW! That's way worse then dude! I decided to leave her alone, so I went back to bed. When I got into the room I found an angry Ava. Fuck

Ava: where did you go?

P: I couldn't sleep so I went for a walk

Ava: was anyone with you

P: yeah

I shouldn't have said that

Ava: who

P: uh Samantha

That made Ava pissed. I know that she doesn't really like Samantha but I didn't do anything.

Ava: why

P: she was already up so we just talked.

Ava: do you like her

P: what? No!

I lost feelings for Samantha a long time ago.

Ava: are you sure

P: yes baby, I'm with you know. There's no reason for you to be jealous.

Ava: you mean that?

P: yeah

Ava: I'm sorry

P: it's fine. I know you hate her but we're stuck here for a month, so please be nice.

Ava: fine I'll try. Only because you're cute.

I smiled and then kissed her on the lips.

Ava: no promises though. Samantha is such a bitch, and a hoe.