C H A P T E R 1

Chanyeol's POV.

"hey young man! are you even listening to me?" the old man snapped. I stared at him. Apparently he's holding the highest position here in God knows I don't know where I am.

I think it's been a week since I died.
Everything won't just sink in on my mind. I still can't understand every damn thing I'm seeing right now.

This old man, This office. Everything!
I'm really going crazy. I don't even know if I'm in heaven or I'm already in hell. Everything looks the same!
I'm still in Korea.

I unconsciously held my hair in frustration.

"Hey young man! What are you doing!?"

"can you please explain everything to me again? I- I really can't understand anything. Am I really dead?" I asked in desperation.

"I've been explaining to you since the very first day you arrived. Yes you are already dead. Everyone here is already dead. You are a grim reaper now, And your job is to guide dead people as well" he said, which drive me really insane. He's been saying this nonsense to me countless times. Making me do weird things such as watch and wait for someone to die.

Once again I fell on my knees, completely wasted. I pointed at everyone around the office, we are all wearing the same clothes.
"w-what are they?"

"they're also grim reapers. All of you here are grim reapers" the old man answered, like that was just a normal thing. I let out a laugh in disbelief.
"aish you poor thing." he patted my shoulder. "You're already dead okay? you have to do your duty now as a grim reaper. Go and be with those guys. There are a lot of people who needs guidance now."

I blinked still can't comprehend anything. I can't digest. I can't accept.
I can't believe whatever I'm seeing.
I looked at my hand, It's pale. I am pale. I am cold. I stood up and went to the nearest mirror.

I stared at myself. I really am dead.
My heart is not beating----

"yah! Park Chanyeol! Let's go!"
someone shouted from afar. How did they know me!?

~~~~~

Now, I want to faint.
They brought me to a hospital.
I stood there as I watch the scenario.

The hospital was filled with patients,
beside them are that so called grim reapers. All my life I thought, there's only one grim reaper, and that was already as terrifying as hell, seeing this much is beyond scary. Thinking that I am now one of them is the most scariest.

Don't tell me all of this patients right here...will die today!?----

"Park Chanyeol! aren't you going to enter?" someone shouted.
I subconsciously entered the hospital only to see the horrifying view real close.

"w-what should I do?" I whispered to myself. I really am dead. This people can't seem to see us. They are literally passing me. I am like a wind. I also can't touch anything.

"You can't touch anything here. Don't even try." I was startled when someone talked behind me. I turned around to see another grim reaper.
He smiled, which send shivers down my spine. "I am Shin Min Dong, you can call me Min Dong Hyung." he introduced. He looked like a man on his 40's. I smiled awkwardly as I stepped backwards.

"your next customer will arrive in 5, 4, 3" he looked at his wrist watch as he cast me a sidelong glance. I don't know why but---- him counting makes me anxious. "2, 1!" as if on cue, the entrance of the hospital was banged open. "Do your job kid" he patted my shoulder as he passed by me.

I was left there standing as I watch the nurses shout at each other. Pushing the stretcher where a young boy is unconsciously lying.

Everything I see is so traumatic. Everyone is screaming, begging for help. Seems like everyone is dying.
I covered my ears in hopes that it could ease the noise, but one shout ate all the sounds of the surrounding.

"Doc please please save my son!"
the mother cried, begging. Her voice was filled with desperate pleading.

they transferred the boy on the hospital bed and started attaching countless apparatus on his small chest. He's about 5 I guess.

What happened?

He doesn't have external wounds or any bleeding. I looked at his mother who is crying non stop beside the bed. Nurses are having a hard time calming her.

Why didn't you take good care of your child? I suddenly got annoyed. I don't know where this forming anger of mine came from.

The doctors started panicking when the machine started making an unfortunate sound.

Is this child really dying? Isn't he too young!?

I walked nearer. I stood beside his bed. The kid opened his eyes and stared right into me.

What should I do? What am I suppose to do!?

He reached out for my hand and held one of my finger. The noisy machine declared that he is already dead. The room was filled with his mom's mourn.

Damn! you are too young to die!!!

I pulled my hand away and turned around.

"Doc! He's back!!!" I heard the nurse shout before I completely turned my back.

Shin Min Dong went rushing towards the room with an extreme worried face.

My mind went blank. I continued walking and left the hospital.

I-I can't do this. What kind of punishment is this? What did I do to deserve this?

I looked around. I really am still in Korea. I can still walk, ran and do everything but the difference is... no one can see me. How long will I be like this? Is this what really happens when you die?

I'm already dead, why can't I just rest in peace?

"Maybe I burned down a country during my past life, to deserve such misery. I want my life back...not to guide dead people"

*****