C H A P T E R 2 9

Chanyeol's POV.

0:05

I immediately ran back to Mi Young.
My eyes widened as suddenly the beeping went intermittent and the line on the monitor separated, signalling that her heart started beating again. I fell onto my knees beside her and covered my face with my hands. Thank God.
People around me telling me comforting and reassuring words. Telling me that she'll be alright. But I can't get myself to listen to them, the only thing that I could hear was the squeaking of the monitor telling me that Mi Young is alive.

I lifted my gaze to where Min Dong hyung was standing, but he isn't there anymore. Thank you so much hyung.
My tears won't stop falling. I am frightened.

I watched how they transferred Mi Young into the ambulance. I ran to the doctor and begged them to take me. Eventually they let me go and I took the seat next to the stretcher where she's lying. I sob as I grab her hand and intertwine it onto mine. I squeezed it as I try to calm myself.
I almost lose you today. I put her cold hands on my cheeks.
"Mi Young-ah, I love you please don't leave me" I pleaded softly as I press my head against hers. My tears streamed down my chin as I nuzzled my nose on her wet hair. I stared back at the monitor again, never leaving it once.
.
.
.
.
.
Min Dong hyung reappeared when we got to the hospital. I was sitting beside Mi Young's bed when he decided to show himself.

"Hyung, jeongmal kamsahamnida.
I really don't know what will I do if I lose her." I said in between my tears. I continued to thank him countless times as we both watch the monitor beside Mi Young. Everything is stable now, although she's still sleeping and very cold. (jeongmal kamsahamnida - thank you so much)

Min Dong hyung told me everything--That they have been watching us, and they already knew that today was supposed to be the day that Mi Young will ascend. He also told me the real reason behind my death. I was utterly shocked. Is that the reason why he gave me this mission? Because he was so sorry for what he did? By this time I should be really furious--but I can't. I am not even angry at all. I was too drained by what happened a while ago. The only thing that's running inside my mind was being thankful to whomever above that saves Mi Young from death.

Min Dong hyung took the watch as he disappeared again. Before the mission, I was told that Mi Young will live a long life if I'll succeed to save her until the first snow comes. Now, I don't have to worry about her being hurt anymore.

Si Hyun and Lee Rin also came to take a look at Mi Young, just in time when Min Dong hyung left.

"It's my fault Chanyeol, I'm sorry I bumped into her boat---"

"It wasn't your fault Ms.Lee Rin you don't have to apologize" she's crying as she apologize to me. This is no one's fault. The afterlife just really wanted her already.

She sat on the edge of Mi Young's bed whispering things to her. I glanced at Si Hyun who is standing at the corner of the room. He looked at me, squinting slightly with his head held at a sympathetic tilt. I stood up and called him to follow me outside the room. We sat on the bench just beside the door.

"H-How is she?" he hesitantly asked.

"She's fine already. All we have to do is to wait for her to wake up." I said. We sat beside each other forming an uncomfortable silence.

I faked a cough to catch his attention.
"I forgive you" I said as I turn to look at him. He looked at me as well, surprised. "M-my death wasn't your fault. You didn't want that to happen. You don't have to feel bad for me anymore. I know you have deeply regretted everything. It's about time to free yourself from thinking that you have sinned."