C H A P T E R 2 6

Mi Young's POV.

"here" Chanyeol put the cup of coffee on my desk as he sat on the chair in front of me. I remained silent as I observe his expressions. He looked better now, but still sad.
"wae?" he asked. I fake a cough and avoided his gaze.

"g-gwaenchanha?" I asked. (are you okay?)

He let out a faint smile as he nod.
"I should be. Mom won't be happy seeing me sad anyway. Just a few more days...then I'll be totally fine"
he said. I stared at him, forcing himself to sound fine.

"you can take your time. Do you want to freshen up a bit? do you want to have a leave? I-I'll allow you---" he shook his head and reached out for my hand. He intertwined it with his huge ones as he lifted his gaze to meet mine.

"I'm fine here with you" he said, making my heart flutter.

Someone knocked on the door. Chanyeol gently let go of my hand and stood up. It was Lee Rin. She entered my office and walked towards us.

"Ms.Lee" Chanyeol greeted.

"Mr.Park" Lee Rin called his name sounding like she's on the verge of crying. This must be hard for her, since she loved her boyfriend so much. Lee Rin has a bad habit of carrying someone's problem like her own. "Mr.Park, I'm sorry for what happened" she sadly said.

"You didn't do anything wrong.
If he told you to apologize on behalf of him. I'm sorry Ms.Lee Rin I won't accept it." he huffed.

"N-No he didn't, I'm just really really sorry for what he did. I know, my apology or his apology--no ones apology will be enough...b-but still..." This is the very first time Lee Rin fell in love and yet this is what happened. I feel bad for her. She didn't do anything wrong to feel this way. My poor Lee Rin.

"It was an accident, but it doesn't changed the fact that he killed me.
His recklessness killed me!...and he doesn't even know how much I am struggling!" He's trying so hard to keep his voice from raising but he failed. Lee Rin looked at him with such sympathetic eyes.

I am starting to believe this whole damn thing. I am starting to believe his story. I am now wondering if everyone else can come back after dying.

"I-I am grateful that he took a good care of my mom, but that's the end of it. That's all I could give"

ofcourse, the hardest thing to do is to forgive courageously. Bunch of sorry can't always fix everything. I can clearly see how Si Hyun regretted what he did. He can't forgive himself... It was hard for him already. How much more for Chanyeol? His pain is unbearable...and if I were him. I'll definitely do and say the same things.

Everything went back to normal after those unfortunate events. No one mentioned about what happened, so it was temporarily forgotten. Chanyeol came back to his usual self, he's indeed trying so hard to distract himself. He's whining, trailing and even shouting back at me again.

I got busy as well since it's almost winter. Plus, I received a news that Dwelsmith is facing bankruptcy. I found out that my share was the only thing that keeps them operating. My initial plan was to take it down anyway, so I pulled out my share causing them to totally go bankrupt. My grandfather retired due to this causing the company to vanish just like that.

I also got a news that my father's company was completely transferred under my name. It was stated on his last will.

"igeo bwoya?" I laughed sarcastically.
(what's this)