C H A P T E R 2

Chanyeol's POV.

It's been a month since I died. I've been suffering for a whole month.
I don't know when will this nightmare end. I'm beyond traumatized now.

"You've been here for a month and still you haven't done anything right." the old man frustratedly said.
I looked at him unable to speak.
I want to explode, but I chose to not.
"that child, why didn't you take him? he's already holding unto you!"

he pointed at the photo of the boy I refused to take a couple of weeks ago.
"he's too young!" I countered.

"Dying has no age! who are you to decide someone's fortune? You only have one job Park Chanyeol! and that is to take whoever is losing his breath in front of you!"

I brushed my hair up in frustration.
Nonsense! Everything is nonsense!
"how did I even got this job!? I can't remember myself applying for this kind of bullshit!"

"Because YOU ARE ALREADY DEAD!" He blurted. I was taken aback. His words were very dense. Slapping me with so much reality.
"You can't runaway. You have to face the truth. You have to do whatever I told you to do. This is your life now Park Chanyeol. Wake up." he said and turned his back on me.

~~~~~

I sat alongside with the other grim reapers who are watching something.

so grim reapers also watch tv?

"Eo? Park Chanyeol your break too?" MinDong Hyung asked as he pat the space beside him. I went nearer to him and nodded.

He's the only one who's actually kind to me here. He's the only one who has patience whenever I ask things.
"Have you successfully sent one?"

I looked down and slightly shook my head. He patted my shoulder.
"aah Gwaenchanha. You still have a very looong way to go. You can do better next time" I looked at him, he smiled. That truth was the worst. Long way? how long is that?

[Gwaenchanha- it's okay]

"Aish! Just watch for now! Stop sulking! Look! Sung Mi Young is on screen!" he excitedly said and pointed the tv. All of the male grim reapers got excited as well.

I pushed all my tangled thoughts aside and tried so hard to get along with them. "why are you getting excited over a celebrity when you are all dead?" I asked, trying so hard to not roll my eyes. They all gasped and looked at me with disgust.

"yah! what kind of kill joy you are? Eo? Don't tell me you don't know her?" MinDong Hyung's voice was quite loud so all of their attention was on me now.

I took a good look on the television.
so what if I don't know this woman?
"I don't know her" I innocently said, which earned a lot of reactions from them.

"do you live under a rock or what?"
someone asked. I shrugged in response.

"Sung Mi Young, the goddess of Cosmetic Industry. A well known name in Korea due to her success at a very young age. A highly skilled business woman that never takes no for an answer. A woman who is always on the verge of winning. Her face is all over Korea, and is being idolized by everyone. How come a young man like you doesn't know her?" I tried to suppress my yawn but it came out. I apologized.

Can't believe that MinDong Hyung at his old age, Idolizes a girl.

"Is she really dying? She looked so healthy and okay" someone suddenly said. I abruptly turned my head to face him in shock.

"what did you just said?" I asked.

"that young lady is dying. Didn't you hear from the office? She was supposed to die last month but due to some conflict, they gave her another month." he shrugged.
I unconsciously stared on the screen.
This girl is dying!? H-how? Does lifespan now ends at this age?

"I want to guide her~" MinDong Hyung said in excitement. what the hell? are they excited to see someone die? WHAT THE ACTUAL HELL IS THIS?

"Chanyeol! Park Chanyeol! You are being called to the office!" someone called from afar. I stood up and immediately trailed her.

I entered the office to see the old man quietly waiting. "what now" I asked and took a seat in front of his table, facing him.

"I know everything is so hard for you" he started. I remained silent.
"and you are also making everything hard for me. You are the only one who is not functioning well in here" he shook his head as if I'm his son causing him troubles.

"I'm pretty sure you already heard about Sung Mi Young" he lifted his one eyebrow and waited for me to answer. The girl they're talking a while ago? what's with her again? Don't tell me they're going to make me get her?

I gasped on my own thoughts but before I can even react he continued talking. "I see, you know her already. Whatever you hear from them is true. She is dying. Sung Mi Young, she needs to be here as soon as possible. Someone as good as her will be our asset here" What he said has rendered me speechless. Asset!? ASSET!? ha! what the hell!?

I opened my mouth to speak but no words came out. Clearly not buying whatever I just heard.

"She'll be a good help to me here---"

"what are you trying to say?"
I cut him off. Finally able to speak.

"ah yeah. So what I'm saying is I'm going to give you a mission."
my brows narrowed in confusion.

"Why me? I don't want it."
I immediately refused. I'm sure he'll order me to see her off. I don't want that. I will never send someone to their dead end.

"really you don't want it? even though this mission will give you the thing you wanted the most?"
I looked at him. thing that I want the most? there's no way someone can give that to me. I didn't answer.
I remained silent waiting for him to talk. "This mission will bring you back to life and you don't want it?"

my breathing literally stopped upon hearing him. Thoughts started clouding my mind---but one thing's for sure.

I want that damn mission now.

"see? You want it" he mocked.

"You'll bring me back to life, just to kill someone?" I asked in frustration and annoyance.

"What? ofcourse not. She can't enter the gates of heaven with that kind of attitude.You'll go down to change her." I really really can't believe this. First, they can bring someone back to life. Second, they're asking me to babysit someone. Third, Is this heaven? that they need everyone here to be kind?

"You should turn her into someone as good as you are when you're still alive. Death is trailing her by now, but she can't ascend with such behavior." he continued. My mind really can't grasp everything, I was stuck on the thought of me coming back to life. That's the only thing that matters to me right now.

"All you have to do is to soften her heart and keep her alive until the first snow comes."

He stretched his arm and a paper appeared. It's a contract.

Everything is still nonsense to me, but I just found myself signing the paper he handed to me.

*****