C H A P T E R 2 0

Mi Young's POV.

I took a deep breath as my eyes widened in horror when he answered.
I am trembling so bad.
I don't know how to feel.

T-This can't be... I shook my head.
"a-andwae..." I mouthed. He froze, He's looking at me. Despite our distance I can clearly see how his expressions shifted.

My mind isn't functioning right. Lee Rin's statement alone is driving me crazy already, and proving it myself is beyond terrifying.

"Park Chanyeol? Is that his full name?"

"Yes, it was stated on his student identification card." I said over the phone.

"how did you get it anyway?"

"I opened his wallet ofcourse"

"alright I'll search for it now."

The call was on, as she check his background. I am feeling odd. I am feeling uneasy. Plus, Lee Rin is unusually silent the whole time. She didn't spoke a single word since she started.

"are you still there? Lee Rin?" I blurted

I didn't got a response. I looked at my phone to check if the call was still on. It is. why isn't she answering then? I put the phone near my ear again and all I could hear was heavy breathing.

"Hey Lee Rin? are you alright? what's happening?" I'm on the verge of panicking when she finally talked

"M-Mi Young-ah" she stuttered.

"what is it?" I asked in a worried voice

"H-He's dead" It feels like my whole world was crashed into pieces as I heard what she said. I couldn't speak for a moment. "I entered the name Mi Young and he died just a month ago."

"S-Sung Mi Young" I was too preoccupied, I didn't notice that he got near me. My hands are shaking.
I stepped backwards.

"D-Don't come near me" I tried so hard to sound brave.

He looked hurt, but he listened to me anyway. "What are y-you?" I managed to ask once again. I've been asking him this since the very first time I saw him, and now I'm afraid of hearing what his answer is.

He looked at me helplessly. It seems like he's struggling to say a word.
I am nervous. I am nervous of hearing what he'll say. I'm afraid he'll confirm it on my face... that he's indeed dead.
But this doesn't make sense. He's standing in front of me now! all good.
How is he dead!?!? I want to believe that Lee Rin's information wasn't true,
but she had all the proof.

"Sung Mi Young p-please listen to me----"

"I-I'm scared...w-what are y-you? Why does your information says y-your d-dead? I can't believe this"
I am stuttering like hell. My heart is beating so fast. What kind of shit is this?

"Because I a-am really dead" he suddenly said, which made me almost fall on my knees. He panicked and immediately ran towards me but I lifted my hand to stop him.

"I said don't come near me!!" I shouted. I tried so hard to regain my posture. He looked at me with an extreme worried face. "So you are practically saying you're a ghost now?" I laughed sarcastically. I really am going crazy.

"Listen to me... please" He pleaded once again. He looked miserable and I'm not used to seeing him like this.
I remained silent as I calm myself.

"I died a month ago and went back to life just after that. This might not make any sense to you---"

"make it make sense, How can someone dead be alive again? A-are you kidding me? Do you think I'm dumb? D-do you think I'll believe you? Just tell me what you are after to! Do you plan all of this? Is this some kind of show?" I'm starting to get paranoid. I'll believe what I want to believe. I won't buy any of this unreal shits. "You even go as far as fabricating your background information? hah I can't believe y---"

I was stoped when he crashed his lips onto mine. My mind went totally blank. He held my nape and closed his eyes as he tilted his head to deepen the kiss. I am tingling everywhere...but I just couldn't push him away. It seems like I suddenly got too weak in front of him.

His hands are on either side of my cheeks. I want to be furious! But I couldn't! He opened his eyes and gently let go of my lips. I still couldn't react anything. I was left... frozen.

"Didn't I pleaded you to listen to me multiple times already?" His voice is too deep again. It's kind of scaring me. "Believe what you want to believe.I understand you are afraid of me now, but please... jebal. I mean no harm. Atleast not to you." he held my hand then caressed it gently. "I'll be able to tell you everything when the right time comes. You won't believe me anyway no matter how hard I try to explain everything to you." His expression shifted to being sad. I suddenly felt worried.

"I died, but I am perfectly alive now. I was brought back to life because of a certain reason, and that's all I can tell to you"

"Do y---" I got cut again when he pulled me into a hug. His broad arms enveloped me. His warmth immediately transfered on me.

It's crazy how I feel afraid yet safe on his embrace.

"I am scared. Seeing you look at me with such afraid eyes, terrifies me more." he mumbled on my hair. His hug tightened.

I don't know why but I lifted my hands and hugged him back.

-----

Chanyeol's POV.

The look on her eyes terrifies me. I've never seen her that scared. I want to plead her non-stop to not be afraid of me, but I have to understand her.

I can't tell what she's thinking. I tightened the hug. I want to stay like this for a while. She's not pushing me and it's giving me a slight relief.

I can't tell her everything. I couldn't lie either. This is so hard. Everything is getting harder and harder for me.
How can I be so careless?

I felt her hand softly holding onto my back. I feel at ease. Is she not afraid of me now?

I gently pulled away still holding her shoulder. I stared at her eyes. She's more calm now. "Please don't ever look at me like that again" I shamelessly pleaded once again.

She didn't respond, she looked at her side. I followed her gaze to see something sparkling on my forearm. I rolled up my sleeves in panic.

We both saw how one of the snowflakes disappeared. I slowly looked at Mi Young to see her reaction but even before I could glance at her she fainted.

*****