E P I L O G U E

m̶y̶ h̶e̶a̶r̶t̶ t̶o̶ f̶l̶u̶t̶t̶e̶r̶ f̶o̶r̶ s̶o̶m̶e̶o̶n̶e̶

b̶e̶ g̶e̶n̶u̶i̶n̶e̶l̶y̶ h̶a̶p̶p̶y̶ j̶u̶s̶t̶ f̶o̶r̶ o̶n̶c̶e̶

t̶o̶ b̶e̶ i̶n̶l̶o̶v̶e̶d̶

b̶e̶ l̶o̶v̶e̶d̶

t̶o̶ s̶e̶e̶ m̶y̶ m̶o̶m̶ a̶g̶a̶i̶n̶

t̶o̶ k̶n̶o̶w̶ w̶h̶o̶ c̶a̶u̶s̶e̶d̶ m̶y̶ d̶e̶a̶t̶h̶ a̶n̶d̶ f̶o̶r̶g̶i̶v̶e̶.

l̶e̶a̶v̶e̶ w̶i̶t̶h̶ n̶o̶ r̶e̶g̶r̶e̶t̶s̶

Mi Young's POV.

Me and my son sat next to each other as we both watch this year's first snow fall through the window. I wrapped my arms around him as he rested his head on my shoulder.

"mommy are you sad?" he asked.

I smiled to myself. "ani" I denied.
I look up in the sky. Chanyeol are you watching us from up there? Am I doing a great job? It hurts so much but I am doing just fine right? ....

I've never felt this way before, I'm sorry for being so weak. Everything that I do, reminds me of you. Every corner of this house I can imagine you. The clothes you left, they smell just like you. I missed all the things that you do. It's hard Chanyeol. It's painfully hard, but you know I can do this right?

"mommy, daddy said I shouldn't let you cry. Don't cry eo? daddy counted on me and I promised on him. Don't be lonely I am here." he said as his small hands reached for mine. Chanyeol always do this. My eyes blurred but I held it in.

"Ne. Mommy won't cry. I also promised daddy that I won't. I won't be lonely as long as you are here. Right?" I said, swallowing my hiccups. He smiled sweetly and returned his gaze on the window. I kissed his temple as I close my eyes.

My son is smart. I am thankful that he's not asking things. I don't know what to say if he ever do...his innocent mind won't understand anything no matter how hard I'll explain. I don't want the both of us to share the same pain. When he got a bit older that's when I'll tell everything to him...n-not now.

I am still deeply hurt, but I am slowly facing life without him. I let him go, he'll still leave anyway even if I don't.
I am trying my very best to accept everything, so that he'll be there without worries and regrets.

This must be my punishment for being too self-centered and arrogant before...but atleast they made me experience being happy...even just for a short period of time. I am still thanking each and every Gods up there who gave Chanyeol and Joon Woo to me.

Yah Chanyeol...maybe I'll just watch our wedding whenever I miss you. Right? I'll just watch how you laughed at my face that time. You left me with so much memory anyway. Don't worry up there Eo? You don't have to worry. I am strong right? I am Sung Mi Young...

your wife...I am stronger than you are.
I laughed to myself. ah jinjja... jeongmal michingeoya. (this is driving me crazy)

seems like I'll be watching our wedding on repeat. I looked down on my hands to see our rings. I pulled out his ring out of my hands and took my son's hand. I chuckled at how small his fingers are.

"mommy is this mine now?" he asked. I nodded and smiled at him.

"daddy's hand was huge. maybe you'll be able to wear this when you grow up. But don't grow up too fast. Eo? slow down a bit" I said. He giggled cutely.

"But I can't be a baby forever" he pouted. I laughed and pinch his cheeks.

"Ofcourse you'll grow up really really tall---"

"like daddy?" he cut me off excitedly.

"yes...like daddy" I agreed. He smiled and hugged me.

oh right, Chanyeol, everyone was thankful. The oldies and the kids wanted me to say their thank you on behalf of them. They say they will renovate both the school and the hospital.

He donated his shining black card to the hospice and kindergarten-- where we held charities before. Everything was under the name of the late Kwak Dong Woo-- which is the real owner of the card. The one that I thought was his father but not.

we will visit there once the hospice and the school is finished. You'll be able to see it up there right? you must be so full of yourself again.

I chuckled on my own thoughts. Damn I miss you so much Chanyeol.

"mommy isn't the snow so pretty?"
I looked down at my son who is enjoying watching the snow fall.

"Yes it is" I said.

Everything happens when the snow is there. My mom died during the first snow, I almost die during the first snow. The first snow appeared right after Chanyeol left. By this time, I should resent this season...but I just can't bring myself to hate it. I am finding a strange comfort whenever I watch those small white thing fall from the blue sky. I have always thought of this season as my mom's last memory...and now I'll start to think of it as Chanyeol's as well.

We may not be together until the end... but I'm still very grateful that we met.

My son looked up at me staring at my face. Probably sensing that I'll cry. I smiled at him and kissed his forehead.

Wherever you are, always remember that your wife and your son will always be here.

Sitting on the same spot where you left, reminiscing memories that you gave. Always and forever especially

when the first snow comes...

the end.

*****

I dedicate this not-so-good ending of mine--- LoL--- to my two beloved readers narikwn&andantemp who really supported me huhuhu ༎ຶ‿༎ຶ
the two of you probably don't know how much motivation you gave me. Your votes and comments really empowered me and inspired me to finish this story.

Also to all of you guys who have reached this note of mine. Thank you thank you so much for reading my story. I hope you guys liked this one.
I am still looking forward to your comments and criticism. I'll accept it no matter what.

This is just the first book of my series. I hope you'll still read and support my upcoming ones!

Again, thank you so much!!!