C H A P T E R 1 3

Chanyeol's POV.

I was about to open her office's glass door when Ms.Lee Rin called me.

"Mr.Park!" she called, motioning me to go to her. I glanced at Mi Young first before turning my back.

"Let's give her some time alone first" she said. She walked towards one of the benches not so far from Ms.Sung's office. We can see her from here because her office was too transparent, everything is glass.

I sat beside her as I anticipate to whatever she's about to say.
"Mi Young and her father is not in good terms. That's very obvious."
I stared at Sung Mi Young who is currently facing the window of her office. I can't see her expression, but there's something inside me... saying that she is sad.

"would you mind if I'll ask why?"
I hesitantly asked. I glanced at Ms.Lee, she's also staring at Mi Young.

"Mr.Sung threw Mi Young when her mother died. Mi Young was just a high schooler that time, she have to feed and take care of herself all alone. I saw everything. I witnessed how she struggled to be where she is right now." I remained silent.
I didn't know your story. I'm sorry for judging you.

"That old man didn't even treat her as his daughter! I can't understand his sudden appearance now. I'm sure he's up to something! and I hate it." what could it be?

"You know what?----" I look at her when she paused.

"Ne?" I asked. She looked hesitant. She stared at me for seconds as if still thinking if she can trust me. I smiled and nodded.

"Mi Young is actually on revenge"
she whispered.

"Mwo!?" I reacted.

"ssshhh shhh yes she is. This a secret between the two of us, but you have all my trust. Her main goal is to pull her father's business empire down." I frowned in confusion as I returned my gaze to Ms.Sung
"She climbed all the way to the top, for that reason. She's not the monster, her father made her like that."

"Mi Young used to be so kind. Seeing her gradually change, hurts me. I don't know how to bring the Mi Young I used to know, before she became so cold hearted. Now, even smiling makes her feel weak. She's restricting herself from happiness.
All I can do is just watch her. I can't even do anything for my bestfriend." I can't find a good word to comfort her. I don't know why, but I am feeling so sad as well.

"She's hiding her pain behind those fierce face and fancy clothes. She won't open her feelings to me now, like she used to do. She's afraid of burdening me even though I already told her countless times that she'll never be a burden to me."

"You always being here with her is already enough Ms.Lee Rin. She's actually too lucky to have you"
I genuinely said. I glanced at her. She's wiping her eyes. w-what should I do?

"How I wish I'll hear that from her.
I love her anyway, and I know she loves me too. She's just too stubborn to admit it." She let out a faint laugh. I smiled.

Her office door opened. Ms.Lee Rin immediately stood up and entered.
I followed her and entered the office as well.

"You told me you have a boyfriend right?" she asked as soon as I entered. She's talking to Ms.Lee

"a-ah Ne. W-wae?"

"I want to meet him now" she firmly said.

"m-mwo? all of a sudden?"