Chapter 4

4

━━━━━━

LILLIANA

"Fuck, Lilliana, you fucked up so bad!" Cora said, constantly reminding me of the mistake I had done.

I zipped up my suitcase and threw it inside the car. "You don't have to remind me, Cora. I know what I have done," I paused for a second, throwing my hands in the air, "It's not even my fault that I was horny. I didn't know that I was going to get fucking marked," My voice screeched across the lake, echoing but thankfully, there was no one around except for Ann and Cora.

"Couldn't you hold it in your pants till a few days? Look, you're marked now, by someone you don't even know. It was better if you fucked Evan instead, he wouldn't have marked you to the least." She shouted back at me while throwing her packed suitcases over my head.

"Both of you, shut up!" Ann exclaimed, coming between us. "This was supposed to be a vacation, a week to get our minds off everything and it's not Lily's fault that she got knocked up and marked by some random dude." Thank you.

"Exactly!"

"Then, why are we leaving? We still have three days left," Cora pouted, throwing her hands behind her head and leaning against the car. The only thing that saddened her that we were leaving.

Whilst, I, was trembling with fear.

"Because there is a male wolf around here—"

"Very near," I cut Ann off and clarified about the beast in the forest.

"Yes," she nodded, studying me. "And, that wolf is no other than the beast our forefather's had been terrified off. Now, unless you want to be eaten, or killed by him, Cora, we are going to leave."

It was early at the morning when I told Ann and she found out that I had a male wolf's mark over my back. It was beyond surprising, I was baffled and I couldn't understand what happened. We were just having sex, and it was great sex.

Better than anything.

I never noticed when he had marked me but above that all, I was scared that I was going to die any second. A female wolf could die if she had been marked by someone else other than her mate.

And, that was fucked up.

Death was just by the corner, coming to take me. It would take a few days before I would die and I needed to be with my parents before all that happened.

"Fine. Get in, I'm driving." Cora sighed and let her anger free. She hopped inside the car and I got beside her on the passenger seat.

Ann went back to the lake house and got the last few of our things. She switched off any running lights and closed the water before locking up the house and joining us.

"All right, everything in there?" I asked, glancing back.

"Yes, everything is here and in the trunk."

"Great! Let's leave then," My heart was racing as I grabbed the seatbelt and secured my self.

Cora started the engine and drifted away from the lake house. Far Waters was a thirty minute drive away and we were going to be there anytime soon. Ann shared everything with Cora the instant moment she woke up and they both started yelling at me, knowing what danger I invited.

Things weren't going to get better any time soon.

"Can you check if it's infected?" I asked Ann who sat on the back seat.

She pushed away my hair from my shoulders and gazed it for a whole second before shaking her head.

"I don't see any infection,"

That wasn't calming in any way. "How long do you think before it gets infected and I die?" I asked her, for real, knowing that death was near.

"It takes almost a week but if there isn't any infection then the beast might just be your mate," she replied, patting my back a little.

"Fuck, no!" That was worse than death. For real. "I'm sure that man isn't my mate," My jaw clenched with agony as I spoke.

"Why not? Was he handsome?" Cora asked, breaking her silence.

"He's old, Cora." Way too old for me.

She sighed at my response and made her way down the road. Once we were at the road, it meant that we were close to Far Waters. The cabin and the beast was far, far away from us, well, not that far but still far.

"I'm sure you won't die," Ann sounded promising.

I chuckled, shaking my head, "And, if I do?"

"You won't. You're strong,"

I gazed out of the window, looking at the unknown forest. Ann had told me earlier that the forest belonged to the beast and he hated trespassers, which was why we packed up and left the instant second.

To brighten up my mood, Cora switched on the radio and played some music that cheered the atmosphere up. I closed my eyes, enjoying the rock that erupted from the speakers inside the car.

"Yes, girl, enjoy!" Cora said, slowing down a little bit.

"Fuck life," Easing down on the seat, I shouted before rolling my eyes at everything. "Fuck Evan, fuck Jennie, fuck the beast, fuck everything else."

"That's a lot of fuck's to give, Lily." Ann snickered at me, laughing out loudly. "Side note, you're fucked but we all are here with you."

I smiled, gazing out of the window again. Things went wrong in so many ways. First, it was Evan cheating on me with Jennie, marking her and then, this—the beast. I wanted it to be just a one-night stand, something that could soothe down the heat and it did, and I would have been damn happy if he hadn't marked me.

Was that his way of killing every woman he fucked?

My shoulders stiffened and my eyes widened as I looked beyond the trees, and into the forest. My shaking hand reached out to Cora and I patted hard.

"Drive fast,"

"Why?" She asked, sounding irritated.

"He's here," My lips barely moved when I spoke. I looked into the eyes of the beast, who was standing far away but he was there, inside the forest, looking at us.

"What?"

I tore my gaze away from him and looked at Cora, "The beast, he's here, so fucking drive, fast!"

Cora nodded her head and quickened her speed, she pulled down the gear to the highest setting and zoomed out of the forest as soon as she could. I looked back, after every second, making sure that he wasn't following us and to my surprise, he wasn't.

The clearing came in front of us and Cora jumped on the highway, finally leaving the forest.

"Okay, you can slow down." I whispered before releasing a sigh, "That was close,"

"Are you sure you saw him?" Ann asked, also looking out of the window.

"Yes. There is only man in that forest, and I saw him." It couldn't be anyone else. While the face wasn't clear, I could assume that was him from his body and his shadowed face.

"Well, no worries, we are ten minutes away from Far Waters!" Cora exclaimed, glancing at the GPS. "Let's hope we don't get any speeding tickets,"

I rubbed my fingers across my forehead, fear still brewing in my heart. This was the worst day of my life. And, I had no one to blame for except for my self.

It was all my fault.

Read upto chapter 15 on patreon