Chapter 28

Lilliana

It was by two in the morning when I reached the borders and found rage in the air, rage of a thousand wolves patrolling their town. I stopped and parked my car just before the Blackpool signage that glowed in the dark. I couldn't pass it as there was a checking point right beyond it and going through those wolves was nearly impossible.

The wind rustled and the fall leaves flew around in circles as I evaluated the area. I stood over the free land, hands inside my pocket as I reached the border. My heart leapt at the sight of the huge, vicious wolves that approached me, baring their teeth at my sight.

Two men, shirtless, followed the wolves and stopped when they saw me.

"Unless you have a death wish, you wouldn't cross the border." One of them said.

"I know."

The man picked up my scent quick, his brow raised and a frown settled over his lips. "Who are you? And is there something I can help you with?"

"Well, yes, I need to speak with your Alpha." I replied, standing stern over my spot. If I dared to move, they had all the right to kill and take me as they wished too.

The grounds beyond me were forbidden grounds and whoever entered would be the pack's possession.

"It's not possible. Too late to call the Alpha. Try coming tomorrow morning," The man said before turning around and leaving with the wolves.

"No." I hissed. "Wait. I need to talk to him and I know he doesn't sleep at night." I stopped the man before he disappeared. For a fact, I did know that Lorenzo didn't sleep at night. Most my encounters with him were after the sun went down, usually after midnight.

His neck turned at me and his eyes raced across my body before he muttered. "Call the Alpha, tell him it's an emergency."

One of the black wolves lunged and ran into the darkness, obeying the shirtless man quick. The man crossed his arms over his chest and judged me, his confused eyes searching for an answer.

I narrowed my head and walked back and forth, still standing over the free land.

"Too afraid of what would happen if you stepped in our territory?" the man's voice boomed in the silence after minutes. He released the other wolves, letting them go wild while he kept his attention on me.

I stopped on my tracks and smiled. "I don't have a death wish."

"You clearly do if you here, waiting for our Alpha."

My breathing turned shallow and I ran my wet tongue across my lips. "You clearly don't know who I am." I said. The man wasn't aware and it showed.

"I can assume but we have orders, the second you step inside, we will have to rip your head, regardless of the scent over you." The man had a quirky smirk over his face.

I scoffed. "Your Alpha would be a lot disappointed then."

His face tensed when he heard the engine of a car and he didn't dare uttering another word, instead, he moved back. I inspected the car that stopped in front of us, the tires digging into the dirt and a pair wolf following the trail from where the car came from.

Lorenzo strode down from the car and his deep eyes settled on mine. At the sight of him, a chill crawled down my body, stopping between my legs. There something so enticing and dangerous about his appearance that made me weak in front of him. It was odd for me to be attracted to someone's features but damn, I was.

But I didn't let the attraction weaken me, not this time. I intended on begging for peace and time but the moment I saw him, I changed my mind. Why did I need to beg? I was the women in this relationship, Lorenzo needed to beg.

"Too desperate for me?" He asked, stepping forward.

I stepped back. "No." I whimpered. I wasn't desperate. "Since your last threat to kill my family, I've thought a lot—"

"And decided to come by yourself?"

"No." I snapped him shut. "I will get marked by another one if you don't step back and behave."

"What?" A thin flash of fury crossed his eyes. "What did you say?"

"I told you, I need time to come clean to my Alpha and only with his permission, I'll leave his pack—that is if he grants me. So, if you can't wait for that, I'll get marked by another one and we can part our ways." I explained in a serious tone. I couldn't leave my pack without Alpha Richard's permission and with enough time, I could convince him.

Lorenzo scoffed and his head slightly moved. "I was being gentle, love. I gave you time."

Pfft.

"I need to more." A whole lot more.

"You're on my land and you expect me to give your more time?" He asked, coming closer, misbehaving again.

I took another step back. "I'm not in your territory."

"Do you think that little second gap is going to make a difference?" He directed his finger to the distance between us.

"Mhm, it does. You can't do anything." I gave him a proudful smile of arrogance and he grew angrier. It would break laws if he tried to do anything.

Lorenzo growled at me in the silence before he bared his teeth and clicked his fingers in front of his men, grabbing their attention.

The shirtless men were standing behind him, they were confused with the conversation but the confusion went away the moment Lorenzo said, "Take her and tie her."

My eyes jerked at him and fear thumped at my heart as the men came towards me, crossing the border. No. I whipped around and tried to run but heavy hands came over my back, pushing me down to the ground. My throat turned parched as I screamed for help.

They pulled my hands behind my back and tied it up with a leather restraint. It happened way to fast, I didn't even get a second to breathe before I was tied up and pushed into Lorenzo's territory.

The thought of being taken forcefully never crossed my mind. I was standing over free land to begin with.

"This is kidnapping, you little prick!" I spat out, pushing the men away from me but they were too strong to defeat.

A hand came down my hair, pulling my head up, "This is called taking what's mine, love." Lorenzo whispered in my ear.

Read the full book on patreon quicker: www.patreon.com/miakerr