Chapter 33

Lorenzo

I sat by the edge of the seat, resting, waiting while Lilliana wore her clothes. She pushed a button in through the hole before crawling to the backseat. I could tell, from her movements, that it wasn't her first time getting fucked in the car, neither the last.

She fluttered back her hair and raised her head. "Well, I'm going to take your advice in account and try to pack my bags. I just have to convince my parents and that's all." A satisfied smile curled over her lips.

"Better." I took her wrist and pulled her closer. I refused to force her to do anything and a little bit of time didn't matter at all as at the end of the day, she'd be still mine. The problem wasn't her, it was the rogues, those people who still wanted me dead. "Make sure it's quick."

"I'll try." She said with a nervous tone.

"Good girl."

I stepped out of the car and onto the wet, free grounds. The rain had passed by along with the night. And by the time I was out, I found my men standing at the border, waiting and watching over me.

Lilliana tried to step out but I stopped her, placing my hand over her thigh. "I'll have someone drop you to your town. I can't risk leaving you alone, not in these lands." I whispered to her.

"Okay." She shuffled back onto her seat and straightened her spine. I stared at her for a whole minute, watching her pupils widen and then return to the normal.

There was something odd about her beauty. It pulled me deep into her.

Pushing aside the emotions, I slipped my hand away from her thigh and walked over to the wolves guarding the borders. Michael was in duty, he was one of our greatest warriors but I stopped him and anyone else from interfering with the rogues earlier. They were my problem, I had to deal with them myself.

"Take her to Far Waters. Don't stop anywhere." I leaned in and whispered in the dark.

Michael nodded. "Anything else?"

"Return before anyone from there gets a glimpse of you. We aren't in good terms with Richard so I rather not prefer having you killed." I explained.

"Noted!" He gave me a short-lived smile before he went to the car and drove off from the free-land while my mate rested at the back.

After watching the car fade into the land safely, I drew in a breath and returned home. It was difficult to convince Lilliana to leave her pack—it wasn't like she belonged there in the first place. Her rightful place was beside me. I suspected something worse, an incoming danger, rising soon solely because she wasn't with me yet.

The town of Blackpool glowed even in the night, it shone like a diamond. The last time I had seen my town was fifteen years ago and it was at an awful state then. I dared not to visit it again until I became the Alpha.

I looked out of my stretched window, listening closely to the laughter and music playing in the middle of the night while my wolves stayed up. It was usual of them to party all night and fall dead when the sun rose.

A tradition that still hadn't been forgotten.

My body tightened as I heard a creak, coming straight from the door. I sighed and my head dropped as the I recognized the very known scent of my sister.

"You were with you mate again." Layla said.

"And you've heard, haven't you?"

She chuckled a little before standing beside me and watching the town from my room. The thick panic built up between us as another minute of silence passed away.

"I heard about the rogues as well. Do you desire to die, Enzo?" she asked, crossing her arms over her chest as her eyes buried into mine.

"No." I stated.

"Then why isn't you're mate here?"

"She needs time."

Layla scoffed at my reply. "That's the thing, you don't have time. The more time passes by, the more people learn about your little mistake—"

"It wasn't a mistake." I stopped her from furthering anymore. The marking wasn't a mistake, it was the second greatest thing that had ever happened to me and I wasn't regretting it at all.

"We see it that way. The longer your mate stays away, the more chances the rogues have of killing you and her together." She flashed me a worried frown before grabbing my glass off the table. "Please don't tell me you haven't told her about your past. I'm sure she would be more understanding if she was aware of what the rogues did to you."

"She doesn't need to know."

"You need to tell her."

"I don't have too." I shrugged.

"She'll learn by herself then and trust me, it would be worse than hearing it from you." Layla snapped back before she rolled her eyes and slammed the glass on the table.

"The truth will stay hidden until I want it too." I had control over what Lilliana needed to know and what she didn't. My past was something she never needed to know—no one needed to know.

"Do you." Layla twirled her finger around her hair before releasing a sigh. "The rogues are sending you a threat. They know you're back—"

"Not a problem."

"It will be soon enough if you don't have you mate here. It's unsafe for her to linger around, away from you."

"I know, Layla, I know. My mate will be here soon enough and now that if you're done with possessing over my mate, go sleep, we will talk at morning." I opened the door for her, letting her leave.

It wasn't going to be long before Lilliana would be in my arms. I tried it the hard way earlier but she didn't obey so I tried speaking to her gently and she finally listened. Anymore delay was going to make me lose my mind and once I would lose it, I'd have my hands around Richard's throat, killing him first and then the rest of Lilliana's family.

But that was all if she denied being with me.

"I can't wait to meet her." Layla squealed with joy as if she was still twelve before she walked out of my room, leaving me alone at last.

To satisfy my hunger. 

Read the full book on patreon quicker: www.patreon.com/miakerr