Chapter 8

8

━━━━━━

LILLIANA

My head shot up when I heard Ann's loud cry, "I can't believe that my parents lied to me!" She got inside the car and so did I. "My entire high-school years, I bragged how I was born here, at Far Waters and this was my hometown."

We left Mrs. Pitts house just a minute ago after she forced her burgers down our wretched throats to make us feel better. We were all adults and old but hearing everything saddened us.

"You'll be all right," I said, patting her back. "At least you're not mated to someone you don't even know." Using the little bit of strength I had, I sat back, closing my eyes and gathering my racing thoughts. This was never how I expected my fate to be.

Twenty four hours had passed by and there was infection, I was still alive which only meant that I was mated to the beast.

"Oh, right!" Ann said. "You're in the worse,"

I flickered my eyes open, and scoffed. "I'm fucked in the ass for life. Mated with a beast who feeds on others. That's absolutely disgusting!" I wasn't even aware it was practiced by our fore-fathers.

"True. That's shit. You're fucked."

"Trust me. I feel like my mind is going to blow." My breathing scattered, along with my thoughts.

Cora's parents were born here, along with her so she wasn't worried about anything. She got inside the driver's seat and drove off from wicked Mrs. Pitts house. It was a bad, bad decision to come here but at least, I knew something now.

"Which is why you always keep a little bit of this," Cora pulled out her steel, red colored flask from her bag and handed it over to me.

"Thank you," I sighed, taking a sip of the vodka inside that helped me with the headache.

Ann and I rounded the flask, taking sips. Cora didn't drink as she was driving but we did, until the flask was empty and we were back being sad people, sobbing against the rainy windows of our car.

It was thundering hard, clashes of electricity filled up the sky as Cora drove us to our houses late at midnight. The streets were empty, clear of people and cars.

During the ride, I made up my mind, to ask my parents about the lie they had told me. They were a part of the Scarlet Pride and I never knew. Fuck. I was a member of that pack, I was born there and I never knew that as well.

What else were they keeping from me? Did they know I was mated to the beast?

I shook my head as a low growl escaped my lips. They couldn't know that. I was a baby then, barely a child to be assigned to someone as a mate. Mates could be only sniffed out by male wolves, we, females didn't have much of strength to find our mates.

Which made me think more. Did the beast knew that I was his mate when I came to him? Was the mark intentional?

"All right, Lily, you're out." Cora said, stopping the car at my driveway. She whipped her head around and held my hand. "Take care of yourself and don't think too much about it. You still have the option to reject your mate if you don't like them." She reminded me.

"And, let him die?" Rejection after the mating meant bland death for the person who was being rejected.

She grumbled and then lifted her shoulder to shrug. "It's still an option."

"I'll see. Goodnight and take care of Ann." I said, getting off the car and waving at Cora.

Ann was dead asleep and she had been like that for a new minutes now. We didn't bother waking her up until she went home. Placing my bag over my head, I protected my self from the rain and the thunder before running towards the entrance of my house.

It was tough to concentrate on anything when I had a few shots of vodka. Walking in the house, it felt dramatic and I was ready to pour out my rage but, my parents were asleep and everything was dark inside. Shoot.

The kitchen was clean when I went in there to get my self a glass of water. My eyes dashed at the fridge and I found a note stuck on it. It was by my Mom.

Whenever you come back, don't forget to lock the front door and there is some grilled steak and mash potatoes in the fridge, warm it up and eat it if you're hungry.

I held back my panic and drank the rest of the water before going upstairs to my bedroom. It was quite, and the hallway was clear but I felt something strange. Not acting upon my instincts, I ignored it and went into my room only to hear the voice I never wanted to hear again.

"I had been waiting," It was him—the beast.

My breathing ragged and I swallowed hard. I didn't even need the switch on the lights to see his face as it was clear in the dark. Clearing my throat, I opened my mouth to scream and alert my parents before he fed on me as well.

Mrs. Pitts' words were echoing in my head.

The little scream barely made it's way out of my throat before the beast appeared in front of me, he pushed me up against the door and placed a rough hand over my mouth.

As he leapt forward, his lower body perfectly positioned against mine and I no longer had the desire to scream for help but to scream for him.

His mark over my flesh burned, and my possessive wolf charged inside me, clawing me to not leave, to not reject but to accept my fate—my destiny.

The beast gave me a sharp glare, his piercing gray eyes searing right through me. My heart stammered at my throat as he moved his hand away from my mouth. I didn't scream. There was nothing to scream for in the first place.

Desire swirled around me, deep into my core as I suffered for his touch. Memories of last night were scalding in my mind, flashing across my body like a furnace set in flames.

When everything felt overwhelming, I pounced, kissing him. He seized me, aggression in his actions before meeting with my hot-blooded kiss. Heat bursted inside me as I grabbed him, my hands running through his ripped body, feeling every inch of his throbbing muscles.

My wolf went to heat all over again.

I jumped on him, wrapping my legs around his waist as he pushed me against my dressing table. I melted underneath the kiss that seemed to go on for forever. It was a rough, penetrating kiss that was going to bruise my lips.

I moaned when his haste tongue slipped inside my mouth, tasting me. My dress slipped up, revealing my legs that were bare and ready to be devoured.

His teeth pricked over my bottom lip, biting me. I winced and moved back at the pain.

"I'm here to talk to you," He said, breathing heavily over me.

I licked the trickle of blood of my lips and replied, "I don't want to fucking talk." I wanted to talk, more than anything but above that, I needed to soothe the heat growing between my legs. 

Read upto chapter 28 on patreon; www.patreon.com/miakerr or the next chapter on inkitt!