Chapter 7

7

━━━━━━

LILLIANA

Mrs. Pitts was an elderly wolf, and also Ann's loving grandmother, living at the edge of the town, she was barely seen by anyone except for her family.

My stomach churned at the sight of the sweet pudding she had made for us tonight. Turning around the spoon in the bowl, I glared at the gooeyness slithering down.

No. This wasn't for me.

Faking a smile, I placed the pudding back on the table and then shook my head.

"Don't you like it, honey?" Mrs. Pitts asked me.

Ann jerked her head at her, her eyes begging not to break her Granny's heart.

"No, it's great!" I replied. "I'm just on a low-sugar diet so I can't have much sugar,"

"Oh, I can make something else for you then," she offered, getting up.

"No, no, no. I'm not hungry. Thank you," I ran to her side and kept her seated down. Anything else that would go in my stomach would give me an ache for the next whole week. "Anyway, I wanted to ask you something." I jumped right into the topic.

"Is it the smell of the man you have over your body or something else?" Her fierce sea-blue eyes burned right through my soul.

"Ho-how did you know?"

"I know that man very well." She said in a soft whisper, barely making it's way to my ears. "Although, you shouldn't have allowed him to claim you, Lilliana, not until you had Richard's permission."

A string of cold shiver raced down my back and I shifted over my seat. "I know. And, it was a mistake. I didn't realize until Ann told me."

"I won't tell Richard but you will need to tell him soon, before things go astray."

"I will," I nodded, promising. It couldn't be hidden for long but I just wanted to know who he was before I went to Alpha Richard and everyone else at the pack. "Who is he, Mrs. Pitts?" My face softened with eagerness.

Tension dispersed around the room. Mrs. Pitts eyes darkened as she began, "Lorenzo Boyd. He was the former Alpha of The Scarlet Pride."

The Scarlet Pride was a pack settled nearby, beyond the forest. We never heard much about them as it was enclosed but the only thing we knew that it was ruled by a female Alpha as of now.

It was destroyed on 1995, June 3rd, five years after I was born. We were taught in our history lesson that the Battle of Krath was the worst thing that happened in our werewolf world. Our pack never went into war with anyone so we were safe.

But, the beast, he was an Alpha. It came to me as a shock. At least, I knew something now.

Ann shuffled, and asked her grandmother. "But, isn't that pack ruled by a female now?"

"Yes, it's temporarily ruled by Layla Boyd, but she isn't an Alpha which is the reason why the pack doesn't participates in any events." The tension in the room eased down but I still had so many questions and so many doubts.

Why was I mated to an Alpha? Only high-ranking females were mated to Alpha's and I wasn't that. I was just warrior, a position I just took recently.