Chapter 15

15

━━━━━━

LILLIANA

A few days passed by since Evan's death and the last appearance of the beast. Utter silence fell over the town, shops, cafes and malls were closed for a few days. Entrance's and exit's from Far Waters were blocked until this all was going to be sorted out.

I attended Evan's funeral even though I didn't want too. My last memory with him was horrible but apart from that, I had good memories and I never wished death upon him, even when he cheated on me.

Jennie, his mate, pounced at me, telling me I should've been the one—I should've been killed by the monster.

If she only knew.

It was dull as we had been attacked after so long. Alpha Richard didn't fancy other rogues and wolves attacking on his territory and it was a tradition for everything to shut down when the pack ran into these circumstances.

I had my mouth on a glass of whiskey, tasting it's bitterness while looking down from the railing and onto everyone that had attended the emergency pack meeting.

Cora tore through the buffet like a wild animal and ate everything she could. On the other hand, Ann was around, lingering with the elders and whispering them about how good she had been on the trainings from the last few months.

I sighed and my eyes averted to my parents that were speaking with Alpha Richard.

Not again.

I had asked them not to tell the Alpha and they didn't but Richard had been doubting that it wasn't just a rogue that ripped Evan limb to limb. A rogue didn't have that kind of strength.

I pushed my drink aside on the table and went over to them. "Good morning, Alpha." I said with a cheerful smile.

"Good morning, Lilliana. How have you been feeling?" He asked, his eyes rocking towards me.

"Better. Thank you,"

"Could I speak to you alone for a moment?"

I glanced at my parents and they didn't mind so I nodded my head and went into another room where there was nothing except for complete, utter silence.

Alpha Richard look around while pocketing his hands through his pants before he leaned in closer and said, "We can't let anyone know about this yet, but, we had received the reports back from the hospital that had done the tests on Evan's body and it turns out that it wasn't a werewolf that attacked him."

"What?" I blurted out and my eye twitched. "What?" I asked again, unable to understand his words at all.

What the fuck?

"I meant—the person, he wasn't in his wolf form when he attacked Evan, right?" Alpha Richard asked while placing a hand over my shoulder.

I looked up, he was a lot taller than me, almost the same height of the beast.

"No," I swallowed hard and continued. "What I saw, it was a man,"

"Exactly. A werewolf doesn't has enough strength to rip someone's neck off their bodies while they are in their human form." He crossed his arms over his chest, leaning a bit back. "I'm asking you again, what did you see Lilliana?"