Chapter 26

Lilliana

The next afternoon was occupied with trainings and Seth, who had started showing us a little mercy since the previous time we were dumped in the woods by him. It had been twenty-four hours since everything that went down and so far, there was no sighting of Lorenzo, and no unnecessary panic in the air.

I had come to a conclusion and it was begging Lorenzo to not claim me until a few weeks or until I was strong enough to come out to Alpha Richard.

Now, I just needed a way to find him.

Two hours into the extreme training, Seth shifted and allowed us all girls to shift as well. The trainings were usually about strengthening the wolf, fighting with other wolves and hunting down rogues and strange scents. It was all about protecting ourselves and the pack.

After changing into our usual clothes, Seth spoke to every girl in the team, telling the bad and good things before letting them leave. My knees were sore, badly bruised from being thrown around by my own friends and Seth—it was all part of the training.

While Seth spoke to Cora, I noticed something different in the air, the boy was smiling while talking to her—they both were smiling.

"I think she has trapped him." Ann murmured in my ears quickly before sitting back on her spot.

I laughed. "I think she has." I wouldn't be surprised if they got together as Cora had been crushing over him for weeks now, she tried shooting her shot but failed earlier, it seemed to work out now.

"Call me." He raised his hand to his ears and told her.

Shit, girl!

Giggles rose between Ann and I and we tried hard to control them but failed. Seth and Cora would be a great match, made in hell—both rude and bitchy to strangers. It made sense why Seth was acting nicer with us now.

I stared at Cora, watching her cheeks turn red with embarrassment as she got off the grassy grounds and made her way out of the woods after getting Seth's phone number.

"Do we also get your number?" I asked, teasing him as he stood in front of us.

His grin vanished and his lips turned into a thin line. "Nice joke, Lilliana, you don't get anything." He moved his gaze to Ann and started with his insults. "Weak and poor movements. You've been in training for months now, Ann and there is no improvement."

"I've been trying." Ann replied through her quick breaths.

Seth had really exhausted us out with his evil exercises. "It doesn't seem like that. I could've ripped you into two as you run is weaker than anyone else's. You need to practice more and definitely learn how to defend yourself."  He yelled at her, his jaw tightening.

"Fine. I will." Ann rolled her eyes.

"Good. You can go."

"Thanks." She grabbed her bag of clothes and with disappointment swelling down her face, she ran behind Cora and to where our car was parked at.

I complied up a wall of courage to face Seth as he was going to evaluate me in a snap of a few seconds. His steel eyes met with mine before returning to the paper he held in his hand, it was his scoring sheet.

"You've been doing great and since this is your second training session, I'm surprised." The sweet words forced out of his mouth and I smiled.

"Thanks. Natural talent." I fluttered my hand over my shoulder, throwing my hair behind and maybe showing off a little bit.

"Well, if you continue at this pace, I might tell the Alpha to place you on another team next month. The warriors there are trained for a high-rank in the pack and it's quite brutal but you might be able to handle it." Seth explained.

I lurched up, straightening my back as my eyes widened. "What? Really?"

It meant I had a chance to become a high-ranking warrior. There were some wolves with natural talent and some that needed to be pushed in order of protect themselves to the least. The ones with natural talent were usually known as high-ranking warriors of the pack, taking place below the Alpha.

"Don't be too happy. We still have three weeks more to determine whether you can handle this training or not. Let's see." Seth was quick to break my bundle of joy. "Although, what are you studying?"

"Medicine." I was in my third year and all along I thought of becoming something else until Alpha Richard gave me a warrior rank.

"Healer?"

"Yeah." I wanted to be a nurse, perhaps something along those lines—if not a doctor then a nurse. I still had to decide that but I did intend on becoming a healer of the pack as they were barely any.

Seth shook his head. "That wouldn't suit you. Anyway, there are no complaints, you've been doing good. See you next week!" Without shouting or yelling or bringing me down, he simply let me go.

Wow.

I flashed him a quirky smile before getting my things and running in the same path where my friends went. More thoughts scattered around my head.

Did I want to become a high-ranking warrior?

Or a nurse?

Or a healer?

Or my mate's fucktoy?

I froze on my steps and crossed away that last bit of thought. It was my wolf speaking from within, suggesting me what I should become in the nearby future.

I jumped in the car and it was silent in there. Cora had an embarrassed smile over her face and Ann had a sad pout, as if they were in their own worlds.

"What is the deal with you and Seth?" I asked Cora while buckling up. I was eager to know what had been happening between the two of them.

"Nothing." She replied, narrowing her eyes. "Just that he gave me his number."

"Oh my god!" I exclaimed. "That's something unusual. I hope you two get along, maybe he'll be a little more merciful one us." I titled my head and glanced over at Ann who was still sad over the fact that Seth had insulted her.

"Yeah, maybe he'll be a little less dickhead."

Read the full book on patreon quicker: www.patreon.com/miakerr