Chapter 29

Lilliana

A groan hissed through my clenched teeth as my feet stumbled upon each other. I was pushed inside the backseat of the car and the second I tried to escape or run; I was caught. How did this even happen?

"No, no, this is wrong!" I shouted, pushing my leg at whoever tried to touch me.

Lorenzo grabbed my ankle and stopped me from hitting anyone else. His heavier, strong body captivated mine, his hand circled around my throat and my head fell back on the leather seat as I quieted, my lips pursing themselves.

"You knew this was going to happen. What makes you think I'll let you wander around for as long as you feel like?" His sharp eyes settled on mine and the car started moving. "You're my mate and you belong beside me."

My eyes were wide with concern and my mouth shut with fear. A tingling ran down from my spine to my feet upon hearing those words. I wanted the same, but I didn't want to be kidnapped or taken by force.

A minute passed by in silence and his hold around me loosened as he played it cool, not knowing what I was going to do. I stayed quiet for another second before raising my leg up to my chest and almost hitting him off me.

It was a fail try as his reflexes were quicker than mine.

"Really?" Anger briefly washed over his face as he seized my ankles, pushing my legs apart. "Is this how it's going to be, love?"

A grin slowly spread across my face as his eyes trailed down, racing through my bare legs and over the center, where I wore nothing except a sheer underwear. The dress I had borrowed from Ann drove up to my hips as the car continued to drive out from the forest. His tongue ran over his lips as he clutched the sides of my thighs and with a swift tug, I was closer to him than ever.

"See, it doesn't have to be like this." He whispered before taking my mouth, rough and hard. I inhaled his scent and felt his strained cock lingering over my thighs as he pushed my mouth open and drove his tongue inside me.

I trembled a little and instead of feeling scared or angry, I felt calm. Lorenzo's fingers twirled at the back of my head before they curled around my waist, pulling my body against his, till I felt his hardness, poking and sifting through my stomach and legs. My underwear became damp and my breath quickened as I pulled myself away from him, trying to get a hold of myself.

Control.

His soft lips turned into a tight grimace and his head bucked down, between my legs. I played with the restraints surrounding my wrists while glaring at him. The car bounced over the rocky grounds and the whetted branches. My face flushed as his hot breath teased the cotton separating my damp folds from his mouth.

He placed a kiss in my inner thigh and another one. I tried not to notice the sudden change in his features as he shifted. I jumped back into reality as I felt the sharp edges of his canines brushing against my skin. Only then, I learned what was going to go down.

I slammed my legs shut and he looked away, breathing hard, getting his monster in control.

"Were you just going too—"

"Eat you up like my last meal? Yes." He blurted out, knowing exactly what was going to happen if I hadn't jumped.

I gagged. "What is wrong with you? I'm your mate and to even think about killing me is disgusting." Unbelievable. I felt fear rising on every inch of my skin as I rolled over.

"I didn't mean too." He said, closing his fingers around my elbow and an apologetic look in his eyes. I could tell the difference between ravishing someone and killing them and just a second ago, he had the look on, the same one he had when he killed Evan.

"Don't touch me." I stated out of complete fear. It sickened me to the pit of my stomach, knowing that my own mate could kill me one day and there would be no one to even help me.

Was this the reason why he wanted to quicken everything?

I turned a watchful eye at my surroundings, the car continued to sprint across the forest, bumping occasionally. I tugged myself away from Lorenzo and taking my chance, I hit the door, and it flung open. The cold, violent wind rushed inside and my hair swirled.

"Lilliana." I heard him, fear jogging in his tone as he reached for me again.

It happened quick, I shifted, beginning with my hands which help breaking through the restraints and once they were off, I jumped out of the car and when I landed, my paws hit the ground.

Without wasting another second, I ran to wherever I felt was right. The grounds of the Scarlet Pride were unknown to me as I hadn't been here before. The air was different, melded with strength and power as they were known as the strongest pack in the world, once.

The wind whipped at my face, a bolt of lightening brightened the sky and rain started pouring down. I stopped between the seconds, looking for a way out from the woods that I wasn't supposed to be on. This wasn't my land or pack and it wasn't going to be anytime soon either.

Not until I was sure Lorenzo wasn't going to kill me.

The fear washed away from my body as I stepped out of the woods and into the field, the free land. My eyes raced across the area and I ran for another minute, making sure no one followed me.

The drizzle turned into a quick storm, engulfing everything in its path and thunder continued to clatter in the stormy sky.

A different terror filled me up and I stopped. My wolf was uncertain about something and until I didn't sniff the air, I didn't know what was around me.

It wasn't Lorenzo.

It was a rogue.

Or maybe a pack of rogues.

Read the full book on patreon quicker: www.patreon.com/miakerr