Chapter 18

Lilliana

Heat bled through the sun as I made my way back to home. While driving, I put my phone on a call with Ann and Cora, unable to keep the excitement inside me for another second. There was just too much to tell.

"Your parents did what?" Cora shouted, deafening me with her screams.

"My parents got us all a reservation for three nights at Horizon resort." I repeated my self. My eyes were glued to the traffic lights as I watched for them to go green so I could reach home and pack up.

"When? Tonight?"

"Yes!"

"Fuck me." Ann said.

"Yes! I had the same reaction." A giggle spilled out of me as I tucked a strand of hair behind my ear. "Anyway, pack up, I'm coming to pick you both up at seven. Just three nights and four days, don't be excess." I warned them before they went on packing for an entire month.

"But, I'm have to meet my Gram's at five. Can you pick me up from there?" Ann asked.

Mrs. Pitts.

I hesitated. Seeing her again was going to quake the living hell out of me. "Sure! But, it will be quick. I'll pick up Cora and then come to you."

"Yeah! I am already ready. We can leave without Ann." Cora said on another line.

"Shut up. We are going to go together. Fuck Seth and his trainings." I rested against my seat as I reached my house quicker. My thoughts blundered with happiness.

The resort was waiting for us.

"Yeah, fuck him."

We all spoke for another minute before I cut off the call and went inside my house to freshen up and start packing. It was four days, three nights and all that I needed was swimsuits and maybe one shirt. The second I stepped inside the room, I found my window open, and his scent strong.

But, he wasn't here.

The excitement wore off my face and I looked around. Did he come here? I checked up my things, making sure nothing was missing and to my surprise, nothing was.

My mouth turned into a frown and I shut closed my windows tight.

Why would he come if I wasn't here? Did he want to see me? Or was it something else?

Well, he could have waited and we could have had a nice quickie after the dream last night. I shrugged, I had too much to contemplate about.

It was his loss, not mine. And, I was coming to him anyway. His cabin was just in the way of the resort we were all going to head too.

Cora ruffled through her hand bag before she stepped inside my car and finally, settled down. I watched her, for a long minute, waiting for her to be done with her things.

"I'm just making sure I've everything." She snapped, still fiddling her fingers through the objects inside her purse. "All right, I'm done."

"Thank God." I mumbled before driving away from her house. I slammed right back onto the road and drove to Mrs. Pitts house—where Ann could be found.

We were already getting late as it was nine in the evening and we should've left an hour ago. But, Cora wasn't even done with her packing when I showed up at her doorstep. She was still showering and now, her hair was soaking wet.

"Quick, quick. I heard The Queen club opens at eight and closes at three in the morning. I don't want to be late!" Cora ordered, blinking her eyes at me.

It seemed like as if she was waiting for me to get an helicopter so we could fly to Horizon resort quicker. The Queen was a club there, exclusive to those who stayed at the resort. It was one of the top clubs around the area and the only thing we were all looking forward too.

I snarled at Cora. "You were the one who got late so you don't get to order me."

"Whatever." She rolled her eyes and pulled out her flask. "I'm just going to be ready."

My grip on the steering wheel tightened as a flash of fury passed me. I snatched the flask away from her at once.

"You're not going to get drunk unless I am." I told her in clear words before hiding away the flask.

After five minutes of driving, I finally pulled over at Mrs. Pitts house, at the end of the town. The golden lights inside the house were switched on and as the curtains were drawn apart, I could see Ann, with a cup around her fingers.

Pfft.

"Let's go pull Ann out of her misery." I chuckled, still looking at her.

Cora walked beside me as we reached the wooden front door of Mrs. Pitts house. I pressed on the bell and she appeared on the door a second later.

"Lilliana and Cora." She breathed.

"We are here to pick up Ann."

"Come in." She jerked her gaze on me and said.

Fuck.

I hesitated, looking behind and then at her. When Cora walked inside with ease, I followed her. I didn't hate Mrs. Pitts—more of, I was scared from her words and the things she had told me the last time I came here. It made my hair stand.

"Oh, you guys are late!" Ann said, dropping her cup of coffee and getting up. She gave me a death stare for coming late but I directed her stare to Cora as it was all her fault. "We should leave," she said too Mrs. Pitts.

"No." The old woman shook her head. "Stay for a while."

I blew out a puff of air and sat down on the couch with my two other friends. We sat close, legs sticking to each other. Mrs. Pitts sat in front of us, her scorching gaze burning from Ann to me.

"Did you see your mate again?" She asked.

I slid back, hiding my self. "No." This was exactly what I didn't want to deal with tonight, especially when I was hiding so many things from my own Alpha and other members of my pack.

It was wrong.

"He killed Evan, right?"

I gulped, feeling the bitter at my throat. "Yes."

"I knew it. Lorenzo always had a way to kill those he didn't like. He's a stubborn man, he'll take what he wants." Mrs. Pitts said, her voice thick with gruesome.

"But, he hasn't. Not yet." I replied with a little confidence. The girls who had been mated to another wolf from a rival pack never saw their end, or their mate again. Perhaps, neither was I going too.

"He will. Don't doubt that he'd not because he will. He'll force his way into this land and take you, willingly or not. Just wait." Mrs. Pitts continued, scaring me with her words all over again.

Couldn't she just be nice and positive?

"For what?" I asked, wondering what I had to wait for.

"Something big. You will know."

I looked at my friends and the color was off their faces. We slowly grabbed our things and got up from the couches to leave. This was enough story time for today, we could continue it after our staycation.

As we headed for the door, Mrs. Pitts stopped us again. "I hope you do know that the resort you're heading too is one of Lorenzo's greatest possessions, gifted by his late father."

Read the full book on patreon quicker: www.patreon.com/miakerr