Chapter 13

13

━━━━━━

LILLIANA

Evan's mouth continued to move down, over my neck and onto my flesh. I dragged up knees, buckling them up to hit him hard but he pressed down on me, not sign of giving up.

"Evan!" I screamed again, my throat dry and parched with the continuous begging and screaming that made no ounce of difference. "Get the fuck off me. I'll die." I told him but it didn't matter—he didn't care.

"You won't." He murmured in my ears before lifting his head up, slightly and gazing into my eyes. "Stop fighting," His hands flattened over my shoulders, pressing them to the ground so I wouldn't move.

Never had he done this before. "I will die. Just stop, and move, please." I weeped, my tears clinging onto my lashes as my vision weakened. We had dated for a very long time and Evan never touched me without my consent.

He shook his head, "I'm sorry but I can't, I want you." He repeated the same words over and over again. Whatever he had been drinking was getting into his head.

Horror gloomed in his eyes as his attention averted away from me, looking up straight to the sky, or what I thought. His grip around me weakened, loosening with whatever horror he had seen, I took my chance and scrambled away from him, only to find something worse.

The Beast. Standing right in front of Evan.

"Who the fuck are you?" Evan asked, getting up.

The beast's dark eyes glowed with silent anger, I felt his warmth effuse through the cold air and his gaze only sharpened when he continued to see Evan standing in front of him.

Fucking run!

I wanted to scream to him but nothing made it's way out of my throat. I, myself, was terrified of my own mate that I dragged my self aside, still sitting on the ground with dirt and mud as my gaze swept over the two men standing in front.

Evan sniffed the beast out and when he realized he wasn't from the pack, he charged at him, believing he could take him down. The beast grabbed his throat, lifting him off the ground while twisting and breaking his wrists as he tried to claw him.

"I'm your demise." He said in a deep voice.

Before Evan could protest or I could, the beast's sharp teeth emerged out and penetrated into his soul, ripping him from his head and then the rest of his limbs. I pushed my hand over my mouth as my eyes widened, a train of screams broke through me, echoing across the trail of the forest.

My chest tightened and thick blood pounded in my veins as I heard my racing heartbeat. Evan barely uttered anything before he was ripped off and killed by the beast. His head fell on the ground, his eyes still open along with his mouth and I screamed louder, unable to fathom what had just happened.

The rest of his body and his broken limbs lied a few inches away from his head.

No.

His hot and red blood rushed out from his neck, spilling onto the dirt. A growl issued from the beast pulled me out of my misery.

When I looked up, I found him, turning around and wiping the blood off his lips from the back of his hand. I lost control of my senses and my stomach twisted with disgust.

What was he?

I pushed my hands over the dirt, trying to pull my self together but I couldn't, especially when my ex's disarranged dead body was right beside me.

I choked on my breath, almost felt like throwing up but I didn't. Instead, I jerked up on my wobbly legs, screamed and then escaped away from the scene.

What had happened? It was all a slow blur for me and I knew I wasn't going to recover from this anytime soon. Was this a dream or was Evan really dead?

I bit the inside of my cheeks to stop my self from screaming and continued to ran on my uneven legs that stumbled on the ground after every second.

When I fell down again, a hand circled around my elbow and I screamed upon meeting with the beast's gaze.

"No, no, no!" I cried as he pushed against the tree. My fists jammed onto his chest, trying to break free. "I don't want to be with you. You're a fucking monster!" I yelled, making it clear.

He growled, a deep, heart-stopping inhumane growl left his lips before he leaned over me, trapping me in his cage.

"And we are past that." When I tried to look away, his fingers dug into my cheeks, forcing my head back where he could see me clearly. "Look at me."

"No," I kicked my legs into the air and he growled again as he pushed his body against mine, leaving no gap to escape or even breathe. "Please, go away. I don't want to be with you."

His fingers slid over my mouth, shutting me completely before he leaned further in, almost kissing me. I breathed heavily against him, my chest rising and dropping at it's own pace.

The color of his eyes shifted, and the anger vanished as he took in my scent.

"He rooted for his own death when he touched you, love." He said, raking his fingers through my hair gently as if that was going to fix everything.

I whimpered, "It could've been dealt with differently." A chill of fear went through my veins as the image of Evan's body flashed through my mind.

"This is the way I deal with people like him. It's not going to change." His chest vibrated with another growl as he buried his head in my hair, his hands racing through my body, clasping onto my waist.

My breasts rose and in reply, I pushed him. "Exactly, you're cruel and I don't want to be with you." I hissed at him and he grabbed my wrist before I could attack him anymore.

My back rubbed against the harsh tree as he pushed me to my position. "Like you care. It's not going to affect you. Who I kill is my problem, not yours." He snapped, saying the truth.

I didn't want to justify Evan's death, it could've been done differently but, he was going to force himself on me and mark me. No mate could bear that.

In the silence, the calmth grew and the fear walked away yet my lips quivered. "You're not gentle." I mumbled before getting caught in his glare.

He grabbed a fistful of my hair, tugging me back before pushing his lips into mine. My insides churned with a hunger and a need as his hand went through my tight jeans and into my underwear.

"You don't want me to be gentle. Say that, love." He growled against my lips before pressing onto them hard and rough.

Read upto chapter 48 on patreon; www.patreon.com/miakerr!