Chapter 10

10

━━━━━━

LILLIANA

I walked out of the bathroom after shutting the shower off and wearing a bathrobe. I was numb below the abdomen and could only feel the beast's unseeable vexation still resting between my thighs.

Leaning against the bathroom door, I got a glimpse of him, wandering around my room, taking notice of my things. "Well, since you have already marked me without my consent, is there anything else you want to talk about?" I asked him, crossing my arms across my chest.

Mrs. Pitts had told me everything I needed to know about the beast and who he was. It wouldn't have been confusing if he had just told me that he was my mate rather than marking me without my approval. I wanted to take my time, make the right decision but he just jumped in, imprinted his claim over me and now, was appearing everywhere.

The beast dropped the tiny antique piece I had over my dressing table and he walked over to me.

"What is your name?"

My lips tightened. That was all? "Lilliana,"

"Right, Lilliana, I don't want you telling anyone that we are mates." He said. I held my breath back as he rolled my name off his tongue.

Shrugging away the connection, I asked, "Why shouldn't I?" I had already told my parents, my friends, and now, it was going to be the entire town—in a few days.

The beast smirked at me. "Because I told you so and you are to obey my every command," He stepped in closer, meeting my gaze.

It hadn't been a second and this man was already commanding me and using his authority. Pfft. What did he think he was?

"In hell," I gave him an eye-roll before closing the bathroom door and going back to my bed. It was going to take a lot for someone to believe that I was going to obey them.

"Now, now," the beast whipped around, "I rather prefer if you don't use that language, especially when we are not in bed." He said, standing in the light where I could see his face clear.

What a cock!

"Excuse me? Who are you again?" I said with the same attitude. No one could control me, not like this at least.

"Your mate. Do I have to imprint that word over my head so you can remember it next time?" He snapped at me, giving me a stern look. His eyes were light gray, lashes thick and his hair was dirt brown.

I tore my eyes away from his perfectly muscular body and replied, "You might need to because I see nothing except for an arrogant, cocky man standing in front of me."

His head narrowed slightly and he let out a small scoff before approaching me. "Think whatever you want, love. I'm here to warn that there will be problems if you run around like some princess and claim I'm your mate."

"Pfft." My eyes were going to disappear if I kept rolling them at him. Backed up to the wall, he raised his arm, pressing it on the wall beside my head and staring in closely. "I know who you are," I said, trailing my finger down his chest.

"Oh, really?" His breath fanned over my cheeks. So close. So fucking sexy.

I gulped, "Yes. Someone told me everything about you," I didn't want to mention Mrs. Pitts for my own reasons. Dreaded whether or not the beast would kill her or anyone else.