Chapter 24

Lilliana

I rolled across the bed, groaning and completed gutted. It had been an hour since we were all back at my house. My parents were missing and so were Ann and Cora's so they dropped by mine.

"What are you doing, Lily? Stop moaning and crying." Ann plopped on the bed beside me, her hand wrapped around a glass of water.

I groaned louder. "I guess I miss Evan finally."

"What? Disgusting." She gagged at me.

"I mean—before he did everything. He was so good and he always cared about what I felt—" I had great expectations because of him, he showed me what I should've expected from a mate.

"And then cheated on you and tried to rape you and then kill you. Have you forgotten that?"

Oh God.

I snapped up straight and chugged down the glass of water, expecting it was some drink to numb my head.

"I need Mom and Dad. Where are they even?" I pulled my phone from the table and tried calling them again but the it went straight to voicemail. The same thing had been happening with Ann and Cora's parents.

No one was picking up our calls.

Cora walked in the room with the phone attached to her ears, she hushed all of us down and continued speaking to whoever was on the call.

"Yes, Mom. I'll be there." She said. "Yes, yes, I'll get them as well. Is it something serious?"

What was she talking about?

When Cora cut the call, an expression of distress settled over her face and her eyes darted straight at me, filled with guilt as if I had done something so wrong.

"It wasn't our parents that wanted us here. It was Alpha Richard and he wants to speak with you immediately." Cora explained before she threw me my jacket.

My heart stopped. "Does he know?"

"I don't know but I guess we all are about to find out what went wrong today." She replied, pushing her hair behind ear as she put on her jacket.

I prayed with all my heart that Alpha Richard didn't know that Lorenzo was my mate. How could he anyway? No one did—not yet. I would be dead if he knew that I had mated with another pack's Alpha.

We put on our jackets and went straight to his mansion where we found a lot of our pack members inside. The air was stiff, filled with tension and the whispers screamed for something wrong. Everything worsened when walked further inside, hearing the screams of our Alpha, he was yelling at someone from inside his office.

We stood out of his office, ears on the door, too afraid to walk inside and feel his wrath.

"Something's definitely wrong!" Cora said.

My heart jumped at my throat as the door flung open and Alpha Richard seized my elbow the second he saw me. He pulled me inside the room and I found my parents there, along with a few other people of my pack.

His hand stayed tight on my elbow and he asked, "Tell me the truth, Lilliana. Who killed Evan?"

I glared at him, too frightened to open my mouth. Alpha Richard was a calm man, seeing the anger exploding out of him worried me. His eyes were a bright shade of red, almost like fire and for a second I believed he was going to burst in flames.

"Tell me. Was it Lorenzo?" His voice raised, sending shivers down my spine as he fiercely looked into my eyes, waiting for an answer.

"I doubt she knows who he is." Seth said from the corner of the room. He wasn't wrong. The name never crossed my mind until a few weeks back, and if it wasn't for Mrs. Pitts, I wouldn't have ever known who my mate was.