Chapter 5

5

━━━━━━

LILLIANA

Far Waters was the town where we all lived in. Our houses was close by so Cora dropped me off first. I still lived with my parents as leaving them was too difficult.

"You're going to come clean, right?" Ann asked, touching my back to see the mark. "To your parents?"

"Of course," I grunted, shifting as she touched my mark. "I have to. Alpha Richard will kill me if he learns this from someone else," Mating with someone out of the pack was forbidden and could be only done if the Alpha gave the permission too.

I didn't have a fucking option to hide it all.

"All right. The mark is still not infected so I guess you're going to live," she replied, pulling up my shirt and leaning back against her seat.

Cora pulled over at the garage of my house and stopped the car there. A groaned pushed past my lips as I saw Evan's car there—he must've known that I was going to come back.

"Fuck me,"

"Just kick him out. Why do your parents even let him in?" Cora asked.

I shrugged. "I don't know. I haven't told them yet that Evan and I broke up,"

"It's been weeks, Lily!"

"Come on, I didn't have time but I am going to tell them, everything before the pack meeting tonight." I raised my hands in surrender and told them both.

The pack meeting happened once in every month. Previous month, I was given a rank but my training hadn't started yet as I had been busy studying. Most of the meetings were conducted by Alpha Richard, at his large house. I hadn't missed a single meeting since I came here but I had second thoughts for tonight.

It wouldn't be long before everyone, including Alpha Richard found out that I was marked. The beast's scent was all over me and regardless of the dozen showers I took, nothing was going to get rid of his smell.

"You better!" Ann said.

"I will, chill!"

Getting off the car, I went to the trunk and pulled out my suitcases. During all that, Evan walked out of my house, concerned.

"Lilliana," he called out my name.

"Not now, Evan, I can't talk with you—"

"Just for a few minutes," He said, interrupting me. "I have been wanting to talk to you for days,"

"And, I don't want to. I have too many things in my mind—"

Evan leaned in closer and sniffed my shirt. "Why do you have a male scent over you?"

Great.

I threw my heavy suitcase down on the ground and released another huff. "Does it matter?"

"Were you with someone?"

"You're not my boyfriend, Evan. I can be with whoever I want to be," I told him in clear words so he could back off before my anger got my own beast out.

"Okay, fine. But, can we talk?" His innocent blue eyes melted into my mine and I looked away. Fuck him.

"I told you, I have too many things to do. When I am free, I will let you know and then you can talk. Till then, please leave me alone." I begged him and for the first time, he listened to me.