Chapter 16

Lilliana

"Let's set some ground rules here, according to the Alpha, trainings will continue as scheduled. Anyone missing them, will have to do extra hours, so don't." Seth said, hands clasped together as he walked in front of us.

The trainings were paused for a few days, after Evan's death but they were going to resume. I couldn't wait to start a new chapter of my life and forgot that Evan ever existed. I needed to stop pitying him and his death when he almost tried to kill me, drunk or not.

"As some of you are new here—" His eyes landed on me. "I'm Seth Walker, and I've been training the females of our pack since two years now so you'll not face any kind of trouble, except for the ones caused by you."

Seth Walker was the son of the second in command of the Boldcrest Pack, the one we all came from. He was old by age but the rippling muscles and god-like features told otherwise.

"I told you he was hot." Cora whispered in my ear, leaning in a little.

I dragged my fingers through my hair and scoffed. "I have a mate if you're forgetting." I reminded her.

"Oh, yeah, poor you."

"Trainings for this batch—" Seth lengthened his hand out, pointing it at us. "Alice, Jodi, Meghan, Ann, Cora and Liliana, will take place every Friday, at nine in the morning."

There were six of us total and I was happy that I was in the same batch as Ann and Cora, while they had started their training long ago, they were still behind.

The other three girls were unknown to me. One of them was bolder, I expected her to be Jodi and the other one, Meghan, was short-heighted, chubby girl that I had seen around the town.

"How long are the trainings?" Meghan asked.

"Three hours long, give or take. At the end of the month, your skill will be tested and only then, you'll be allowed to continue." Seth replied to her.

It was almost midnight, and after the announcement Alpha Richard made, everyone went on their ways but we were stopped as our trainings couldn't be delayed anymore. We were in the middle of the woods, the sweet scent of trees and water allowed me to breathe easily, after taking down all that whiskey.

I needed to take my mind off all the racing thoughts and emotions in my head and listening to Seth was the best way.

"Why are we here, Seth? It's night and shouldn't we head back home?" Cora asked, snapping into her real personality, she was always upfront and straight. I wasn't surprised.

"Because you'll be patrolling the borders." Seth replied, glancing at her direction.

My jaw dropped. No. Not today. I had so many things to do—like sleep, talk to my parents, and then sleep again.

"We can't do that. We are girls." Cora argued with him.

He came forward, invading the distance and looking down at her. "You will. It's the Alpha's commands. Batches of wolves will be patrolling the border every week. And, who else to start with then you six girls."

"But, we don't know anything! What if someone attacks us?" I exclaimed, breaking my silence. Speaking after all that lecturing felt different.

Seth's glare whipped to mine. "We are familiar of the only danger around us. Whoever is lingering outside doesn't wants to kill you, Lilliana so it's safe to say that you'll be perfectly fine." He replied, reminding me of what had happened with Evan.

I didn't die that night and it was because of a reason.

I swallowed hard and then gave a nod to him. He wasn't wrong. But, I wasn't liking his tone and the way he ruled us around here.