Ch.25 War

"My lady, you need to get up." Emma opened the curtains and attempted to get the blanket off of me. I fluttered my eyes half open and spoke with a lazy voice "Why? It's still so early.."

"Your father and brother are going to war." I sat up straight and look at Emma with a surprised look.

"What do you mean?" I asked still bewildered while Emma brushed my hair and pushed me to go in the bath as she dressed me up without answering my question.

"The Duke and Duchess are already ready they are waiting for you in the carriage." Emma stated as we walked down the hallway as i calmed my heart from the shock.

The carriage was soon in our view, I elegantly walked down the staircase as our people gathered to bid the duke and our knights farewell as they fight for our country(Kingdom).

"Father what's the meaning of this?" I sat down beside my mother and looked at father and Constantine as we headed to the capital where the rest of the countrymen and knights who will fight together with them are.

"The emperor stated that we send more people to fight in war cause there isn't enough." My father stated while calmly looking at me, Constantine nodded as i felt my heart filled up with worry.

"This is all just too soon..I haven't prepared handkerchiefs for both of you." I look down at my hands feeling regret that i cant give them anything in return for them to fight.

"Is it really that urgent?" I looked back at father as my mom held back her tears that were threatening to fall. Seeing as there is no answer i began to think how many people's lives could be lost in that war..

We sat there in silence drowned in our own thoughts. Then our family name was announced and i snap back to reality and saw that we were now in the capital.

I got out of the carriage and was in a shock to see hundreds or more people were gathered with their horses amongst them are my friend, Charles, Hugo, and Alastair.

"Be sure to come back safely alright?" I said while my brother and father engulfed me and my mother into a big warm hug as they said alright. Me and my brother left my dad and mom alone to say goodbye as we approached our friends.

"Why are you guys also going there? You aren't knights right?" They chuckled at what i said.

"All men/boys that are capable enough are sent off to war to fight." Hugo said while looking at the 11-14 year old boys.

"How could the emperor also include little kids?!" I scoffed.

"Because they have magic powers." Alastair said while ruffling my hair. I stopped Alastair's hand and looked at the kids with worry and said, "But still, they're still kids..."

"Aren't you a kid yourself?" Alastair said while Charles gave the kids food for their journey.

"I'm already 16!" I huffed proudly, it's almost been a year since this war has been going on. I'm tempted to go there myself and help them but I'm afraid my mother would faint at this ridiculous idea i have.

"A-and my little brother is only 15!!! How can they send off kids!" I shook my head at my brother ruffled my hair and said, "Don't worry sis! Your brother is powerful!" He said while puffing out his chest. I laughed at him as my father announced it was time to go.

I hugged all of them and told to them to be careful as they got on their horse and waved us goodbye. After a while i consoled my mother who was teary eyed and went home.

"Welcome back Duchess, Young lady." The maids and the butler bowed as we got out of our carriage and went inside.

"Mother, Don't you think it's ridiculous that only men are going to war?" I said while my mother wiped her tears she looked at me shock and said, " What do you mean Zira?"