Ch. 45 Dead

Eleanor stared at the moon while humming a song, she had bandages on her hands and a red hand print on her left cheek. She couldn't sleep although she has been home for 3 days.

She finally got up and went to her bed before she slipped on a fabric on the floor, "Ouch--!"

she rubbed her chin and looked forward coincidentally finding a familiar object, "The compass..." she pulled it out from under her bed and laid down while staring at the compass, that still looked brand new.

"Compass...Please..give me an answer on why the king did that..was it really because i was a..threat?" She whispered, tears filling her eyes, remembering her dad and mom.

In cue the compass glistened, for Eleanor just looking at the compass it made her sleepy.

"1"

"2" She counted as her eyelids became heavy.

"...3" She whispered and the room finally went silent.

***

A dark room filled her view.

"..." She was silently walking on a path that led to nowhere.

and just then a door appeared before her, she hesitated for a moment before opening the door.

"The king.." There she saw the king sleeping in his bed.

She was confused on why she was here, she looked around, it was around midnight..

"12:02" She whispered looking at the clock on the wall.

Just then a sudden light enveloped the room, she turned her head and found a beautiful woman sitting on a chair just staring directly at the moon while knitting. At this point the king wasn't in his bed anymore.

Eleanor could see the beautiful woman was pregnant, a light melody filled her ears and noticed it was the beautiful woman who sung it.

Eleanor walked to where the pregnant woman is and jumped up in surprise when the woman suddenly looked back like it was staring at her. "You can...see me?" The woman whispered with her soft voice.

Eleanor was frozen still, she finally had a clear view of the woman's face, it reminded her of Cole.

"Who...are you?" Eleanor slowly said and the woman's voice widened in shock.

"You can see me!" She laughed and jumped off her chair, she placed her knit on the chair and walked up to Eleanor.

"I've been trying to call someone for a decade now! You must help me!" The beautiful woman said.

"..Tell me who you are first." Eleanor said taking back her hands and the woman was frozen before laughing merrily.

"Apologies for my rudeness," She smiled warmly at me before giving me a curtsy." Arabell Yvonne Lisanthium, the empress of Kiroa." She spoke with clear confidence.

"...Cole's...mother?" Eleanor slowly said and she froze.

"How do you know my child's name?"

"...I'am Eleanor Zira Chrysantia, Daughter of Fredrick Chrysantia and Cole's fiancee." Eleanor curtsied leaving Arabell shocked.

"Fiancee..? How can this be? My child is still in my belly." Arabell said in disbelief.

Eleanor frowned, "...In my world..you're already...dead."

Arabell shook her head, "This can't be! I'm not dead..I'm just stuck here! No.."

Eleanor felt sad, this reminded her of her mother. " You died when Cole was just at the age of 5."