Ch. 34 lost memories

"A storm is coming get them ready." An old man in his 60s said looking at the dark sky.

"You heard the old man, Get ready!" A middle age man said while tightening the ropes of the sail. The other's followed securing their foods and tightening the ropes.

It was thundering and suddenly heavy rainfall fell and the waves grew larger.

"Physician Monte, you should get inside." The middle age man said to the old man.

The old man was about to get inside then a splash of water hit al of them making them loose their balance, Just as they were about to get up another splash of water hit them again.

"Stay calm!! Tighten the ropes!!" Physician Monte shouted struggling to keep his balance while gripping the railings.

The boat was rocking heavily and soon they were suddenly hit by a wave of dizziness.

"Stay awake!!! Don't fall asleep!!" The middle age man yelled then a huge wave hit their boat splashing on their heads making some of them unconscious.

***

"Gaur, wake up." Physician Monte slapped the middle age man's cheeks causing him to groan.

"We've arrived at an island..." Physician Monte slapped his cheeks even harder.

"Every one wake up!!!" Physician Monte shouted and blowing his horn to wake them all up.

"Where...are we?" One of the men said while shaking his head from the dizziness.

"An island.."

"Whoa..So pretty.." They all chattered looking at the island with blooming flowers and trees swaying peacefully as a refreshing breeze hit them.

They immediately got off the boat so they can explore this island.

"A sign." Gaur said dusting off the sign that couldn't be read.

"Can you read it?" Gaur said to Physician Monte as he grabbed his glasses.

"Sleep and nightmare awaits you forever." Physician Monte said slowly as he struggled to read this ancient writing.

Gaur furrowed his eyebrows, "So if you sleep here you'll get nightmares?" He suddenly laughed, what can a nightmare do? It's just a nightmare not reality.

"We have to be careful though, The last three words can't be read." Physician Monte said as he followed a path.

"Follow the physician!" Gaur said to his men who was currently admiring the scenery.

After a few minutes they found a cave with treasures full of gold and jewelry.

"Gold!!!" One of the men said running to pick up the treasure.

"Don't touch it!!" Physician Monte warned but it was already too late as he touched one of the treasure and he immediately turned into gold.

They stared at their friend who turned gold and couldn't help but feel guilty, they quickly paid respects to him before leaving that cursed cave.

"So was that what the last three words meant?" Gaur said as kneeled down seeing a peice of fabric caught up in a branch.

"Probably" Physician Monte said as he wrote in his little notebook while walking, "Hey, look here."

Physician Monte turned around and saw a dirty fabric covered in moss, "Maybe someone else is here?"

"Could be." Physician Monte said as he took a closer look at the fabric while walking forward.

"Get your weapons ready!" Gaur said as he heard a roar ahead.

"Old man stay in the center." Gaur said pulling the old man as they kept moving forward to where the roar is,

They found a very dragon whimpering as he tried to get in the cave, "A dragon?!"

"Keep low," Gaur said as they ducked and tried to keep quiet as possible.

But one of them stepped on a branch making the dragon turn his attention to them and roared loudly, "Attack!!"

The dragon lunged towards them and they were prepared to die but surprisingly it flew upwards and sat on top of the cave while digging his claws on the rocks, "Huh?" they were surprised.

"Don't pull out your weapons, the dragon is telling us something." Physician Monte said as he raised his hands to go forward, "Careful old man!" Gaur shouted.

"Shush, Your making the dragon agitated, retreat first." Physician Monte said as he went in front of the entrance, "But--"

"Go now, I'll be back quickly." He said as he went inside the cave while thee dragon protected the entrance.

He got his torch and explored the cave, reading the drawing on the wall "This cave is atleast a  century old."

"What a marvelous find." He said as he kept reading and jumped in surprise as he found a girl covered in vines from who knows where.

"She's breathing..." He said as he checked her pulse and felt that it was beating quite fast. He ran back outside of the cave and called Gaur and the other's to carry the girl outside.

They struggled to remove the vines from her but after a while they were successful and went outside carrying her, the dragon immediately went in front of them and licked the pale girl, seeing as the girl wasn't awake he whimpered and nudge the girls head but he did not get a reaction.

"Easy...We won't hurt her." Physician Monte said to the dragon who was now following behind them while growling.

"What an unfortunate little girl," Gaur said looking at the pale girl who didn't have a bit of color on her skin.

"Don't worry, I know a medicine to help her." Physician Monte happily said while grabbing some rare herbs on the island.

The boat wasn't large enough to carry a dragon so the dragon was left behind as he nudged the girl's face again before flying away as he heard a roar far away.

The physician mashed up some herbs and brewing them and feeding it to the girl who was lifelessly laying down on a bed.

"How did she get there?" Gaur suddenly asked as he helped Physician Monte clean up,

"Who knows, some question's are better left unanswered" He said while laying down to another bed as he slept.

Gaur looked at the old man and went outside to help the crew sail.

***

"Zira..." Cole suddenly woke up from his nightmare while sweating heavily,

"Damn..another dream.." He said as he stared at the sky and grabbed his sword.

He went to the woods to kill some beast to release his anger, After he killed almost 50 of them he went back inside the castle throwing the sword to a maid to clean up. He went inside his room and took a shower, he stared at his reflect before punching the mirror,

His knuckles were bleeding but he paid no mind to it as he covered his face angrily with his hands attempting to sleep again.

"Where ever you are..I'll find you, wait for me..." He half whispered as his eyes began to close.

***