Ch. 32 Emperor

They kept quiet as the king's servant said the king would like to make a toast, the emperor rewarded the men and of course Eleanor and said more things about how their kingdom was at peace now and they have nothing to worry about. The emperor left the ballroom and the atmosphere was back to normal.

Eleanor yawned while listening to Anemone's story of her catching a duck waddling in her pond back at her residence.

The three of them laughed loudly and Eleanor noticed the guy's were quiet.

"Why are you guy's suddenly quiet?" Eleanor said while Freesia and Anemone sent them a mischievous smile.

Alastair grinned, "We're just drinking quietly," Alastair raised his hand that held a glass of wine.

Eleanor's eyes turned to Constantine, "Brother, you aren't drinking, are you? Your still a child!"

"I'm not, I'm not...I don't like the taste of wine anyway." Alastair said while laughing, "And i'm already 15 sis."

Eleanor smiled widely, "That's still young."

They laughed, "Anyway isn't your birthday coming up?" Charles brought up.

Eleanor nodded, " Mn, but i think i won't be celebrating it, i prefer to sleep and read books!" She said while drinking juice.

" Also i was thinking, on my birthday I'll celebrate it with you guys! We'll go on a trip or something?" She said while supporting her chin with her hand as she smiled at them.

"Sounds good! We're all free on the week of your birthday," Alastair said and they nodded, They're always like this every time her birthday comes up they always keep their schedules free for her.

" En!" Eleanor giggled.

"Are we also invited?" Freesia said while leaning her head onto Eleanor's shoulder. Eleanor nodded seriously, Of course she would invite her best friends!

The guys were irritated at the two girls who kept squeezing into their time with Eleanor.

" It's fine if they'll come too right?" Eleanor said looking at Cole.

"It's your birthday, you can invite whoever." Cole said helplessly as Eleanor brightened up. She then turned to Anemone and Freesia then continued their conversation leaving the guys out.

*****

Eleanor yawned, its already 11 PM.

" I should get some rest now," Eleanor said with a tired look turning to Freesia and Anemone who frowned.

" Aww so soon..." Freesia said while hugging Eleanor. " Then get some rest, we'll spend more time anyways when your back at the duke's mansion." Anemone said hugging Eleanor after Freesia was done.

" I'll go to Cole to tell him, bye! See ya soon." Eleanor headed over to Cole who was with the others and Bruce as they all stood up in a semi circle and discussing something.

" Coleee~!" Eleanor said attempting to surprise Cole, but he didn't flinch one bit.

"Zira, finally done?" Cole rubbed her cheek with his hand while Eleanor nodded then noticed Bruce.

"Bruce hellooo," Eleanor giggled at him.

" Lady Eleanor, Hey!" Bruce energetically said while handsomely smiling.

Eleanor brightened up, " You finally answered me!" She laughed recalling how he didn't answer her this morning.

Bruce scratched his neck, " ah, that was because the king's guards were there." Eleanor immediately got the picture and nodded.