Ch. 40 Sleeping Beauty

"What happened to her?" Cole said sitting next to Eleanor who was sleeping in his bed.

Physician Monte handed Cole his notebook which Cole skimmed through, "just tell me." He frustratingly said.

Physician Monte told him the whole story of how he found Eleanor, Cole furrowed his eyebrows listening to his story.

"Based on my research for the past 2 years, I found out a day ago she is cursed." Physician Monte said turning to a page on his notebook and showing it to Cole.

Cole was beyond furious at this point. He hated his father even more after knowing what happened to her, "By the island?" He said while caressing Eleanor's cheek.

"No." Physician Monte sipped his tea, "By someone."

Cole froze, "My father?" Physician Monte shook his head, "Now, i have to get back to my study, I'm still figuring out who it is." He said walking out of the door.

Cole followed him outside, "Thank you."

Physician Monte smiled warmly, "For what?"

"For helping Zira."

Physician Monte patted his back, "That little girl has gone through a lot, take care of her."

"I will." Cole firmly said.

Physician Monte smiled sadly "I'll be off then." He said walking away while Cole got back to inside.

He laid beside Eleanor who was sleeping peacefully, he stared at her for who knows how long before she suddenly opened her eyes.

She still didn't notice her surrounding as tears fell on her eyes, She was crying painfully.

"What's wrong?" Cole rubbed her back as she cried for a few minutes before finally calming down.

"Why are you here?" Eleanor said with a red nose and eyes staring at Cole as she sniffed and wiped away her tears.

Cole handed her a glass of water, "Drink this first."

Eleanor swiftly drank the water and got out of the bed, "Where am i?"

"My room." He said unconsciously leaning forward and tucking a hair behind Eleanor's ear.

Eleanor blushed and pushed him away, "I meant why am i here?"

Cole smiled charmingly at her, "You passed out last night."

Eleanor nibbled on her bottom lip as Cole stared at her lips, "So you just brought me here?"

Cole nodded and pat the side of his bed. Eleanor was baffled, "What about my grand father?"

"He said to let you stay here for a few weeks as he has something to do." Eleanor furrowed her eyebrows, "Just like that?"

Cole nodded again, "Just like that."

"Why were you crying earlier?" Cole said while tugging Eleanor's arms to sit beside him on his bed.

"..." She nibbled on her bottom lip again and ran a hand through her hair, locks of hair falling softly on her face, framing it.

Cole stared at her, "If you bite your lip one more time, I'll do it for you." He said huskily leaning towards her before Eleanor pushed him away again.

"Stop it you shameless jerk." She sat beside him on his bed her hair covering her flushed face.

Cole just laughed with his annoyingly sexy voice while admiring her.

"I...I have dreams..bad dreams." She paused to look at Cole's eyes that made her feel safe, "Dreams about..Some guy and...me?"

Cole raised an eyebrow, "And..I know it's supposed to be happy memories but...Every time i think of that guy my head immediately starts hurting and.." She nibbled on her bottom lip and hugged her knees, and turning her head to Cole, "I..I don't know how to explain it..I must be cursed or something." She laughed before sighing.

Cole thought for a moment, "Ever thought that guy in your dreams is me?"

What he said made her stunned for a moment before she laughed, "I don't know, it could be anyone, i don't really remember."

He leaned towards her and whispered on her ear, "Don't worry from now on, I won't let anyone hurt you anymore, I'll protect you, so you can rely on me."

Eleanor ignored her beating heart and just pushed him away again and wrapped herself up with the sheets.

Cole thought she didn't want him there so he got up before Eleanor grabbed his hand.

"Stay, i feel safe when your around." She covered herself with the sheets again, while Cole laid beside her, and after a few minutes Eleanor fell asleep.

Seeing as Eleanor fell asleep he supported his head with his hand as he laid sideways staring at her beautiful face.

He gently caressed her cheek and ran a finger through her soft lips, suddenly Eleanor hugged his waist and nuzzled into his chest.

Cole laughed while covering his face with his hand and the other snaking around Eleanor's waist, "Damn, you're making me fall harder for you than i already am." He whispered as he kissed Eleanor's forehead.

For the first time, Eleanor slept soundly and peacefully with no nightmares.

***

"DAMMIT!!!! SHE'S SUPPOSED TO BE DEAD!!" A lady shouted angrily throwing her things on the ground, breaking it in pieces.

"YOU STUPID BITCH!!" She smashed her mirror in pieces as she cried.

"IT'S ALL RUINED, MY PLAN IS ALL RUINED!!" She shouted and slapped her maid who was guarding the door.

Suddenly the maid spoke out, "Lady Lilian, she wouldn't be in your way if you kill her for good this time right?"

Lilian turned to her and slapped her again, "How am i supposed to do that huh?" She shouted and the maid spoke again.

"Simple..you can use the emperor right? or me." The maid said while laughing and Lilian widened her eyes and smiled.

"HAHAHAH, This is why your my maid Cath!" Lilian laughed maniacally while Cath smiled.

"Prepare to go see the emperor!" She happily said going inside the bath, while Cath's fist were formed into fist.

"Both of you can go die!" She muttered angrily opening the door and slamming it.