Ch. 26 Compass

I helped them sit on a bench near a cafe that isn't too crowded. The old man immediately kneeled and cried as the old woman shuffled through her sack.

"Thank you!!! we wouldn't know what to do if you hadn't helped us, may the lord bless you young lady!!!" He said with a croaky voice. My heart immediately filled up with warmness as i helped him sit back on the bench.

"You don't have to say thank you, any normal human with a right mind would also do that.." Their eyes immediately brightened up as the old lady asked me to open my hands while she placed a gold compass on it.

Seeing as i would refuse it the old lady spoke with her brittle voice, "Please take it, we don't have anything valuable that we could use to repay you...please accept our gratitude." She said while patting holding my hand that held the compass and smiled warmly at me.

"B-but I'm already satisfied with just seeing you guys happy you don't need to repay me.." How could i dare take stuff from this elderly couple seeing them with barely any meat left.

They shook their heads and the old lady pushed the compass to my chest while giving a smile that could make any person cry. "We insist, if it wasn't for you we would have already been dead.." The old man laughed while putting an arm over the old woman.

I stared at the compass for a minute before i finally gave in, "Thank you...Well let me do one last thing for you." The old couple stared at me in astonishment as i began to chant a spell.

"quorum eorum cutem emendat et sana cor emundes!" I coughed up blood and Emma handed me an handkerchief before she reminded me, "My lady that's the healing spell that even the healers that work in the imperial palace cant do! Don't push yourself!" She scolded as she wiped the blood on my lips.

"Young lady, You don't have to do this, were grateful enough that you helped us!" The old man's frail body held my hands as the old woman gave me a worried look.

How could i not heal them when they look like they're about to break at any second. Also i need a spell for this because I'm not a doctor in my past life, i don't know how to cure them. So i need to use a very high level spell that can cure almost anything.

"Ill try again." I closed my eyes and breathed in as i chanted again, "quorum eorum cutem emendat et sana cor emundes!"

With that a strong light enveloped the two elders as Emma gasped, I coughed blood again but this time i could see that it's working. I wiped the blood with the handkerchief Emma handed as i watched the light slowly disappear.

The costumers and workers at the cafe immediately watched as they started whispering,

"Isn't that lady Chrysantia?"

"A high level spell?!"

"How could she use magic on commoners?!"

"How could the second person who could perform that spell be a girl?!"

"My lady your gonna have a lot of rumors about you using a high level spell." Emma whispered as i stared at the elderly couple with a happy expression.

I can't believe it worked! Although im a little dizzy. "It worked.." I hanged on Emma's shoulders as a smile formed on my face subconsciously as i looked at the couple touching their body with a bewildered expression. Not a hint of cuts, bruises and broken bones could be seen and felt.

"Thank you young lady!!!" The both of them said while giving me a deep bow, i laughed out loud and hugged them as i inserted a small sack full of gold coins in their hands.

"Payment for the compass!" I gave them a toothy grin as they bowed again.

"May the god be with you! This could help our orphanage, We thank you in behalf of the children in our orphanage!" Memories of the old orphanage back in my past life came flashing to my eyes and i subconsciously smiled while waving them goodbye as they walked back to the orphanage.

"Fufufu perhaps I'll visit that orphanage someday.." I turned to Emma who was looking at me with a proud gaze like saying that's my lady!

"Come to think of it i still have 5 checks..What should i do with it Emma?" Emma gave me a shrug saying that i shouldn't ask for a lowly maid's opinion.

"Hmp! Your not a lowly maid, your a Emma, my second mother!!" I happily announced as she covered my mouth.

"My lady you shouldn't say stuff like that out loud!! that could ruin your reputation, you also shouldn't cling to me like this my lady!" Emma scolded as i nodded and pretended to hear her nagging.

An idea suddenly came to mind, " Emma how about i own a cafe?" I could use desserts and drinks from my past life to make this cafe sand out! After all there's only 2 cafe's here and they're expensive so only noblemen/women can afford their stuff.

"A cafe would sound nice but if they are owned by a woman they would criticize it my lady!" Emma worriedly said while shivering at the thought of her lady getting bullied.

"Don't worry bout that Emma! Ill make sure that when they taste foods from there they wouldn't dare say anything bad about it!" Emma thought of a way to counter attack what i said but i interrupted her by saying,

"Also i don't really care if they criticize it, Sure they can talk behind my back but what can they do? I'm more superior, fufufu!" I laughed, being a duke's daughter has it's perks.

"I'm also planning to make it cheaper so the commoners could be able to afford it and taste heaven!" My face brightened up at the thought of someone eating the desserts i made.

"Sigh...I know a shop that you can buy to make it into a cafe.." Emma said with a forced voice, as i said cheerfully, "Let's go then!!!"

The compass glistened as Emma opened the bag to take something out. I grabbed and opened it to be met with a compass..I mean Eleanor what were you expecting! Then words from my dialect in my past life were engraved at the compass's side.

"Follow thy path and it will rain honor." What? It doesn't make sense...

"What are you saying my lady?" I laughed it off and put the compass safely back in the bag as Emma gave me a suspicious look.

"Did you read that unknown dialect?" Emma asked as she grabbed the compass and stared at it as if trying it figure it out.

"Nononono don't mind it, lets go to the shop you were talking about! hehehe...." I laughed nervously as she shrugged it off while i breathed a sigh of relief. I should take a good look at that compass when im back home..