Ch. 37

"Ow....My head..." Eleanor sat up from her bed while touching her head that was hurting.

Physician Monte went in with a bowl of medicine, "Your finally awake, drink this." He handed her a bowl and she drank it in one go and almost puked by it's bitterness.

Physician Monte then smacked the back of her head and she hissed in response, "What did i tell you when you go out?"

She rubbed in his head and muttered grumpily, "To always carry that pill with me.."

He nodded and sat next to her, "Listen child, If this happened again and no one found you, did you think of what could've happened to you?" She nodded.

"It wasn't intentional though...I forgot to bring it..." She slowly said which earned her another smack in the head.

"Maybe you shouldn't attend the ball after all?" Physician Monte grabbed the bowl from her hands and stood up but before he can go outside Eleanor grabbed his leg and hugged it.

"I'm sorrry!!! I promise next time i really wont forget it!!!" She said while not letting go while physician Monte dragged his feet outside.

"I promise, I'll get struck by lightning if i really forget it next time!!" She persisted and yelled while the other members laughed at her while some shaked their heads.

Physician Monte's left eye was twitching as this grand daughter of his kept on shouting loudly like a little kid.  He had no choice but to comply.

***

It was already the next day and the sun went down in a flash, She was still forbidden to go out so she wanders around the halls of the mansion like a ghost at night.

"Should i just sneak out?" She was already back from her walking around aimlessly like a ghost so she was bored in her room.

"Yeah..That old man won't notice, I'll be back before.....midnight!" She reassured herself and grabbed a black robe to cover her hair and face if she ever meets one of the members.

She checked herself out in the mirror and after some cringe poses she finally went outside through her window.

....There's only one problem though, she forgot she was on the 3rd floor...

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!" By the time she remembered she was on the third floor she already jumped out like a drunk physco and held on to a tree branch quickly, she was almost left unscathed except her left hand was bleeding because it got scratched by a tree branch.

She jumped off the tree and rolled over the grass with her hand still bleeding.

"Well...It's not an adventure if there's no wound to remember it by right??" She said as she smacked her head not ready for that old man to scold her again.

"Let's just go outside while we can.." She went outside the gate effortlessly and the town was very quiet except for some restaurant's that were open and packed.

She checked her robe's pocket's and found 3 gold coins, maybe she'll buy some food and go to the beach to just stare at the moon peacefully.

***

Cole, Constantine, Alastair, Charles, and Hugo were out doing a mission and was currently chasing 3 men who were said to have smuggled a big amount of money from the citizens saying they were tax collectors.

The 5 of them separated so they won't be too noticeable, but they underestimated them and now they were chasing them for about an hour, as the 3 men kept on disguising themselves with the crowd.