Ch. 52 Blessing

I nervously sat down at the dining table where we will have breakfast with my mom and friends.

"G-good morning mother" I greeted cheerfully while she gave me a gentle smile. Soon the chairs began to fill up and we were now complete.

The table was now filled with food and my mother told us to begin eating.

My eyes glistened at the macarons near my mother and i put a lot on my plate before deciding to eat the pancakes first.

They were all talking about the empire and business stuff so i just kept silent and took care of little Raza who was eating happily beside me.

then the topic of my marriage came up,

"clank" The sound of mothers fork filled the room.

"Haha..How clumsy of me, sorry what was that?"

I locked eyes with Cole and shook my head.

"Mother..About my marriage-"

I was stopped by my mother glaring at me.

The tension in the room rose up making them shut their mouth.

I laughed nervously,

My mother rose up from her seat and came to me and pat my hair, "Sweetie, you just came back from being missing for 2 years and now your getting married in 1 week?"

"B-but mother...I've already reached marriageable ag--"

The hand that was so gentle just a second ago became so aggressive tugging on my hair.

The others flinched at my mothers action, they were contemplating whether to speak up but i just smiled at them and closed my eyes gently telling them to not mind it.

Cole subconsciously crushed the spoon and we all turned our eyes on him.

"..." Cole noticed what he did  and bowed down to my mother before taking my hand and suddenly teleporting me to a small secluded garden in my house that i didn't even know existed.

I rub my the part of my head where my mother was tugging on my hair while frowning.

"Ha...Is..my mother even gonna recover?" I spoke out my thoughts and widened my eyes when i just realized that i said that out loud.

Cole's face was tense as ever and it became even more grumpier when he heard what i said.

I gently placed my hand on his cheeks and smiled, "Don't worry, I'll talk to her."

Cole's eyebrows trembled as he grabbed my hand and kissed it, "I..feel so helpless, I..don't know how to help her."

The corners of my lips slowly began to rise as i tried my best not to smile, he looks so cute~

like a dog wagging it's tail...

"Pft-"

Cole tilted his head in confusion, I gave him a toothy grin and pat his head, I was caught off guard when he stopped my hand that was petting him and leaned down to steal a kiss from me!

"--!"

I could feel the smile on his lips when he kissed my forehead then we teleported back to the dining room where my mom was waiting.

Looks like the others have already went back to their rooms.

"Mom, I'm sorr--" Before i could finish my mother enveloped me into a big warm hug.

My mothers' shoulder's were trembling as she tried to hold in her sob.

"My precious baby...hic...I'm sorry...I don't know what got into me...whoooo." My mother cried loudly as tears began to fall from my face.