2.The Club

*Ezra pov*

Shit shit shit I am late again. How do I explain myself for coming late always, god Ezra think of some good excuse. I already lost my last job, now I cannot afford to lose this one. Damn, how do women manage to wear these high heels, ugh!

Entering the elevator, I prayed for Mrs. Mills to not notice me for being late.

Mrs. Mills is a 45-year-old lady, she is what we call the definition of charm and enthusiasm. I am quite shocked by being appointed as her assistant.

While I was busy fangirling over my boss, I saw Nick, my co-worker. Nick is a handsome man, with a height of 5'10, brunette hair, not exactly athlete body but yeah well built. He has a reputation of fuckboy. I am pretty sure he has fucked half of our single female employees.

"Good morning Ezra", Nick greeted me. Nick has been nothing but a flirt from the moment I started working here. He has tried all his ways to enter in my pants.

"Good morning Nick".

"You look hella fine", he complimented while checking me out.

"Thanks, Nick. But better luck next time eh? I am already late and definitely not in the mood to entertain your flirty remarks".

"Oh, c'mon Mrs. Mills wouldn't mind you being a latecomer now, right?", he said while smirking at me.

Oh how I wish to wipe that shitty smirk off his face but right now I don't want to deal with this douche. "Mind your business Nick, anyways see you later".

" See you later sexy. Oh btw, nice ass", nick commented making me groan with his behavior.

Finally reaching my cubicle I prepared myself to meet Mrs. Mills. Knocking on the door of her office, I was greeted with a worried face of Mrs. Mills. Maybe today I won't be roasted by her taunting remarks.

"Mrs. Mills, you called me?"

"Where were you, Ezra? Were you late again?"

"No ma'am, I was checking files downstairs in the archive".

"Whatever. We have a crisis, I have a client whose marriage is taking place in 2 months. They have given their project to us. The bride's mom is my close friend and she expects their wedding to be sensational", tells Mrs. Mills tensed.

"Yeah, that's great, I don't see any problem with it? We have handled weddings in such a short time before. I am sure we can manage this time too."

"The problem is young-lady, we will have three weddings to manage around that date. I can't cancel other weddings as we have a reputation to keep. I also can't say NO to Mrs. Smith because no renowned wedding planner is willing to do such a high-profile wedding on such short notice", Mrs. Mills explains her worries.

"What are we supposed to do now? ".

"Look I know that you have done this kind of high-profile wedding before. I have seen your work from your previous job and I also know Alyssa from the time she used to work as my assistant. She doesn't have creativity, her business was doing fine by using my techniques and plans but after you joined her, her business just took off", Mrs. Mills. Pointed out. Alyssa was my ex-boss.

"And how am I related to this situation?", I asked confused.

"I've eyes for good and creative people in this field Ezra. Therefore, I would like you to handle this wedding. I'll be there to guide you but I can't take the stress of doing three weddings in a week".

To say I was shocked would be an understatement. This wasn't how I planned my life to take turns. Yes being a wedding planner was my dream job but not this early, I am still learning my work in this field. "I am sorry Mrs. Mills but I can't. For sure, I had been a part of such big projects before but as an assistant. I don't think I can do this all by myself".

"Trust me, Ezra, you can do this. I know that you haven't been yourself for the past few months. This can help to distract you from your problems."

I looked away, embarrassed to be in such a situation. Was I that obvious?

"What? You thought I didn't notice. You've potential Ezra, don't let any bad relationship ruin your career. Now go and take this file with you".

I grabbed those files and went to my cubicle. Mrs. Mills encouraging words definitely motivated me and somewhere she was right. It's time to make things right.

The rest of the day went by planning and sorting the wedding idea for my client.

*Author pov*

Upon reaching home, Ezra tossed her bag down on the floor. She took a deep breath and plopped down the sofa. It was indeed a long tiring day for her. Checking the time on her phone, she decided to take a shower and get ready for tonight. For the first time after her breakup, she was going to a party.

*Ezra pov*

Rummaging through my closet, I couldn't find any better outfit for tonight.

Finally, after ages, I went for this dress

Twirling around to check myself, I was startled with a whistling sound

Twirling around to check myself, I was startled with a whistling sound. Turning behind, I found Taysha checking me out shamelessly.

"Damn chica, you look drop-dead gorgeous in this outfit."

"Did I miss something? I mean you look happy and glowing", Taysha said, eyeing me from head to toe.

"Nothing special just got to do my wedding project."

I explained Tay about the wedding and my conversation with Mrs. Mills.

"Damn girl, congratulations. This is added on to why we are celebrating today."

"So where are we headed to?", I asked while putting my seatbelt on.

"HIGH ROLLERS it is. You will love it." She winked at me and started driving her car.

On reaching our destination, I was astonished to see the view in front of me. This was not a normal club. 'Tonight it's going to be a long and fun night', I thought while we were making our way through the queue.