22. Stay By My Side

*Ezra POV*

My heels were clicking against the marble floor, as I strode towards Mrs. Mills' office. To be honest, my nerves were wracking. I knew I gave my hundred percent on this project but this company has always kept high expectations. Neither it repeated nor copied. All wedding ideas have always been unique which is why this company stands out. Taking a deep breath, I knocked on the wooden door. It wasn't even milliseconds when I heard Mrs. Mills' authoritative voice calling me inside.

"Mrs. Mills, Morning."

"Morning Ezra, have a seat."

I have always admired this woman. She knew how to keep her professional and private life separate. Even the death of her husband didn't deter her from making this wedding business a success. "I heard what all happened during the whole wedding preparation." I kept my face neutral, even though the wedding was a success but the problems faced couldn't be ignored. "I am happy you handled it quite professionally. You did a splendid job out there considering the problems you faced weren't an easy one to handle. I am glad you didn't run away instead tried solving it. Thus, I would like to promote you to the project manager."

Now, this was unexpected. I couldn't register that I was promoted to be a project manager. It was the most prestigious position in the company. It felt like a dream. Some months back, I was crying over my breakup with Aiden while fighting with insomnia, then meeting Michael, a new wedding project, and now this promotion. I actually came a long way in my life.

"I don't know what more to say except Thank you, Mrs. Mills." So many words were dying to spill out but it was as if my mind froze with nothing just basic Thankyou.

"You deserve this Ezra." She smiled at me. Genuine smile. The smile shows how proud she was. "Hope you lead your team well. All the best."

"I will. Thank you, Mrs. Mills." With that, I left her office with a determined mind and strategy.

____~•~____

Tonight Mark, Taysha, Michael, and I were dining together to celebrate my promotion.

"Cheers to our little wedding planner here", Mark raised his glass for a toast.

"I am so happy for you Ez! You don't stop shining eh", said Taysha.

"Thank you so much, but trust me it would not have been possible without you guys. Especially, Michael and Mark. You guys saved me during bachelorette night." I was genuinely thankful to them, if they wouldn't have arranged everything at the last minute, I don't think the wedding would come to this success.

Michael moved towards me and whispered in my ear "I think I know some better ways for you to show me how thankful you are." I couldn't help but turn a deep shade of red, not that I mind with that idea.

Mark cleared his throat and glared at us," If you both are done with dirty talks, we may proceed to eat."

I heard Michael scoff beside me. "You are the one to say. Should I reveal how I found blue panties in your car's backseat?" Michael waggles his eyebrows trying to poke Mark. This time it was Taysha's chance to turn red, her reaction made me smirk internally. As if she could read my mind, we both made eye contact with each other which definitely meant, DETAILS. I think we both are loaded with gossips now.

____~•~____

Stumbling on our way, with our lips firmly pressed together in a heated makeout session. With one quick move, Michael pushed me on the bed tearing my clothes apart. I really need to start shopping if he keeps on destroying my dresses.

Payable comfort ✔️जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें