14. Cheater

*Michael POV*

Squinting my eyes I looked around, just to notice that the sun's already up. I tried to stretch my arms only to realize that they were already occupied.

It was Ezra. She looked so peaceful and beautiful. Her long black eyelashes, her cute nose, those rosy cheeks, and luscious pink lips. I kept gazing at her lips. Without knowing I started leaning towards her. Just then she opened her eyes making me back away and think of some great excuse.

*Ezra pov*

It's been ages for me to have this peaceful sleep. His warm comforting arms that were wrapped around me definitely made me feel safe. I was in my dreamland until I felt someone's hot breath on my face.

"I was just checking if you were alive or not. Don't get the wrong idea", I didn't understand a word he uttered but I could see his ears turning red.

Ignoring his weird behavior, I stretched my body. I felt fresh and happy. I was so immersed in my thoughts that I didn't even realize that there is someone who is busy admiring me.

I turned towards him and saw him smiling at me which made me smile back at him. I didn't know for how long did we stare at each other which got cut short by my buzzing phone.

It was a text message from my colleague. She informed me about our meeting with the caterers to finalize the menu.

"Is everything alright?", Michael asked me.

As much as I wanted this to ignore but his messy bed hair and carefree smile were doing things to me. I chided my thoughts and quickly regained my composure. "Yes, just my colleague informing me about our meeting. I think we should head home now. We kind off slept through."

"Yes, you are right. You can freshen up in the restroom meanwhile I will check upon the staff and if you want I can drop you off at your place."

"Okay".

I then went to the restroom to freshen up. I have a long day ahead and for the very first time, I feel energized and motivated for it.

We reached my place after 30 minutes. The whole ride we both were silent. No, it wasn't an awkward silence but a comforting one.

"Thank you so much."

"No that's fine. It's the least I could do", he said.

"No, I seriously mean it. Thank you so much for cuddling me and dropping me at home." I was genuinely very happy that he agreed on so many things which I didn't expect.

"Well, what can I say? It's an honor to sleep with you." I squinted my eyes at him.

"You do realize this sounds so wrong." I laughed at him.

"You are a hell of a dirty mind, Ms. Sanders. I was talking about your snoring habits." He was definitely trying to make fun of me. It is impossible for me to snore. Heck, I have never in my life snored or that's what I thought.

"You cannot be serious for even one second", I said shaking my head and got out of his car.

"Anyways one last advice Mr. Adonis. You shouldn't try kissing a woman while she is asleep." I winked and left him there all blushing and shocked.

________

I was getting ready for work when Taysha texted informing me that her new house is ready and wants me to accompany her there. I really wish I could go but due to my workload, I had to decline the offer. As the days are passing fast, my big wedding project is coming near too. Workload has increased a lot and I have minimum staff helping me. The problem is I have three designs ready but nothing is finalized yet. The bride and groom are still not in town who have the final say. I mean who goes on honeymoon before the wedding in a non-network area? It still feels like I am living in a stone age. I tried to convince Mrs. Smith to select one of the designs but to no avail. Her daughter said that she will be back in a few days and decide. Hence, the wait. Looks like I need to be patient with them.

________

It's been hell of a week. Not a single day I could take a break to eat or rest. The only good thing that happened was every night Michael would cuddle me to sleep. He would bring me dinner or snacks knowing very well that I hadn't been taking care of this stuff lately.

Some nights I would just rant my anger out and complain about my day and sometimes I would just come and straight-away sleep in his arms. He would hug me every time I would enter the door. Somehow we both are growing into each other. Neither he nor I could stay away a single day without texting or seeing each other.

______

It's another tiring day with hell lots of work but today is a little more important. Today I will be meeting the bride and the groom. I was a little nervous about meeting them. Feeling what if they didn't like the idea? What if they decide to quit the contract with us? What if the bride decided to be a brat?

Quickly snapping out of these negative thoughts, I ordered myself a cup of green tea to calm my nerves down. Quietly sipping my tea I was savoring the taste when a blonde woman came and stood in front of me. She looked like a goddess with that long tanned legs with enough amount of breast and ass to suit her body. I was stunned looking at her.

"Hey, Ezra right?" She asked me while I just sat there looking at her.

Standing up I brought my hand towards her, "yes, I am. Let me guess you are the bride Elena Smith."

"Yes. I must say my mom is a great fan of yours. She has been complimenting and praising you a lot. It made me quite excited for our meeting today."

"It's an honor to hear that Ma'am."

"Please call me Elena." She smiled at me. She was sweet at talking. We were discussing a few things while she explained to me her plans and expectations about the wedding when a call interrupted us.

"I am sorry. I need to attend this. It's my fiance", she said apologetically.

"It's fine. Please." I smiled at her and sipped my tea.

"My fiance is here. It's perfect. We can finalize the theme and everything today."

"That's great Elena. As it's a special day for both of you. Definitely we need it to be a blast."

"Thank you so much Ezra. I mean it."

I couldn't help but smile at her.

"Oh, there he is."

I turned my head where she was pointing at and that's when I lost all the color from my face.

I am right now standing face to face with my cheating ex. Someone I least expected to see. And someone who broke my trust and heart.

Aiden.

Sorry for uploading after such a long gap. Henceforth, updates will be regular. So, stay tuned. And do vote, comment and share this story. Happy Reading.