21. The Last Adieu

*Ezra POV*

Finally, it was the wedding day. I felt happy, relieved, and relaxed to see the happiness on every face that came to the wedding. Although only family and close friends attended the big day it was still close to 200 people. Everything was arranged keeping Elena's health in mind. After her slipping incident, although nothing happened Aiden didn't want her to exhaust herself. So, it was a close-knit event.

Aiden almost cried on seeing Elena walking down the aisle. Indeed they looked beautiful together. He was so happy and excited that after saying their vows and exchanging the rings he didn't even wait for the priest to say his lines and kissed Elena making everyone laugh. Everybody cheered and clapped for the newlyweds. I too was happy for them. He looked at me and mouthed a 'thank you'. In return, I smiled at him.

I wished them togetherness to infinity.

_______________~•~_______________

I came home rushing back from the wedding. I needed to change and head back to the office because for the last time we all team members are having a meeting before the reception. After taking shower I texted Michael to let him know I will be a little late tonight.

I was happy that I didn't spoil my mood today. Whatever they did behind my back was upsetting but it was for everyone's good. Maybe Aiden and I were not meant to be together. This wedding of my ex made me more mature and patient. After all the drama and showdowns I think I can handle any complications now in my future wedding project.

Dashing towards the door, I quickly went towards my car and left for office.

_______________~•~_______________

When I reached home after the meeting, I was surprised to see Michael standing outside.

"You are on time."

He hugged and kissed me. I blushed making him chuckle.

"I couldn't wait to be honest. So, I came early."

What? He has been waiting for me here at the door.

"How long did you wait?", I asked concerned.

"Not long, 1-hour max."

"What?" I was beyond shocked. I do remember telling him to not wait for me."I told you, Mike, I was going to be late." I told him while we entered inside.

"I know babe, just that, my excitement was killing me." He wrapped his arms around my waist and held me close to him and kissed me.

"Even I was dying to see you". I said trying not to embarrass myself. With that, he kissed me again.

Which was supposed to be a simple kiss turned out to be a whole makeout session. None of us could keep our hands to ourselves. Pulling away from the kiss, "I am hungry." I know this wasn't he was expecting me to say but I was genuinely hungry. He bursts into a fit of laughter.

"What? Why are you laughing?"

"Ez, you just had to ruin the sexy moment didn't you?" He said making my cheeks red.

"I will go make dinner."

"Okay", he said looking with his dreamy eyes. While I was about to pass him, he spanked my ass hard.

"a...A WHAT THE FUCK, MICHAEL ADAMS.."

He turned around and ran towards my room laughing like an idiot.

I made dinner for us. Michael picked some movies in the meantime.

"Dinner's done", I announced.