14

CHAPTER FOURTEEN
Rayne's POV
I slowly woke up and sat up. I looked at Luna with sadness. Her cuts were healing as she slept but I saw it caused her pain. I stood up, stretching and looked at my wrists. I took a deep breath and looked at Luna again.
"People like me, Luna, we don't get happy endings." I whispered as I traced the deep scars on my wrists from three years ago. I went to the door and opened it. I walked around the house searching the house for food and medications. I heard the tv on so I assumed they were home so I was quiet. I opened a door to the kitchen and grabbed a couple of protein bars and the first aid kit that was under the sink. I wasn't going to leave Luna. I quickly ran back to the room we were in and shut it behind me.
"Here." I whispered as I woke Luna up and gave her the bars. I sat next to her and slowly patched her up.
"Thank you." She whispered and looked at me, slowly eating the bar. Her gaze stopping on my wrists. I took a deep breath and whispered,
"It was a rough time a few years ago, I'm alright." She looked at me and hugged me.
"People like you, they deserve the happy endings." She said, pulling away.
I held her hands and looked into her eyes. "People like me, they don't get the happy endings." I whispered and heard the door slam. I rolled my eyes as I heard a pounding on the door.