25

Chapter Twenty-Five
I slowly open my eyes and groan out in pain, I hold my neck and feel dried blood trailing down my neck. I slowly sit up and see Rayne laying next to me, asleep.
I slowly smile and look at her, she looks so peaceful. "Rayne..." I whisper and put my hand on her shoulder. She grabs my wrist and twists it until I hear a pop. I groan out in pain and pull my hand away from her.
"Luna?" She looks at me confused.
"I know I messed up but wasn't that a little uncalled for?" I hiss as I pop my wrist back into place.
"...I thought you were dead..." She whispers out.
"What do you mean dead?" I look at her strangely. "I think I'm pretty much alive."
"You weren't breathing...you passed out and stopped breathing." She said sitting up.
"Well I'm breathing now...geez." I said rubbing my wrist. I heard footsteps coming up to the door and took a deep breath, "She's here." I whispered.
"She said she's going to make sure you're really dead..."
"What do you mean..." I was confused.
"I mean she's going to kill you now... you need to hide." Rayne said, pulling me up.
"There's nowhere to hide." I whispered as I heard the key being turned.
"Then act like it, maybe she'll take you outside..."
"I can't just act like I'm dead, she'll know."
"Fine." Rayne hisses and pushes hard on my pressure point. I gasp and try to pull her hand away, a few seconds later I pass out.

Rayne's POV
"Is she still dead?" I hear from behind me.
"You're the one who killed her." I hissed at her. I stood up and got in her face. She hurt her and made me think Luna was dead. She deserves everything that's coming to her.
"Nah, that was you allowing her to take out your needle and taking her blood." She hisses in my face and pushes me back. I growl at her and punch her in the stomach. She barely flinches. She chuckles, "I've been drinking Jamie's blood for years, you've got nothing on me little girl." She hisses out and punches me in the face. I fall back and hold my nose. 'Damnit' I hiss in my head.
"You've already lost, why not just quit this tough girl act? You're going to eventually." She says and picks me up, pushing me into the wall.
"I'd never." I hiss out and kick her off of me. She chuckles and kicks me in the stomach, I gasp for air, and hold my stomach.
"You already are." She points to Luna. "You disabled the strongest Damphir known to man, you're already doing what I want." She chuckles and looks at me. I look between her and Luna.
"No, I did that so she wouldn't be a problem..." I hiss out and punch her in the stomach.
"Oh, you mean when I give her this?" She says and pulls out the lead syringe, she walks over to Luna and picks her up. "Oh Luna." She sings out in her ear. Luna groans as her eyes slowly open. She holds Luna in a choke hold, tightening it once Luna starts moving. Luna grabs onto Amber's arm trying to get out.
"Why are you doing this?" I hiss at Amber.
"I like controlling the strongest." She whispers in Luna's ear and her eyes widen, she starts struggling more.
"Luna it's going to be okay, just calm down." I said looking into her eyes.
"Yea listen to your friend Damphir." Amber chuckles and pulls the syringe into Luna's view and she stops moving immediately.

Luna's POV
I open my eyes to see Rayne in front of me, there's a tight grip around my throat.
"I like controlling the strongest." I hear Amber whisper in my ear. A chill goes down my spine and I try to get out of her grip again.
I look at Rayne, scared out of my mind.
"Luna, it's going to be okay. Calm down." She says and I move even more, why would she tell me to calm down...
"Listen to your friend Damphir." Amber chuckles and I see a syringe come into my view, I immediately stop moving.
"No no no no." I whisper.
"You listen, or she gets another neck full of lead." Amber hisses at Rayne. All I see is a flash of anger go through Rayne's eyes. I look down knowing her choice.
"Fine." Amber hisses and moves my head showing my neck, she sticks the syringe into my neck and I take a deep breath.
I see a pair of feet in front of me and I slowly look up to see Rayne.
"Okay. Just let her go." She says and I can feel Amber smiling, she takes out the syringe and pushes me down in front of her.
"Good. Now beg me not to snap her neck." Amber hisses out putting her hands around my head. I look at Rayne scared out of my mind.
"I beg you." She says looking from me to Amber.
"Actually beg." Amber hisses out.
I see Rayne get on her knees and look at Amber, "I beg you." Amber chuckles and pushes me next to her hip and grabs Rayne's wrist, pulling her up.
"Stay still." Amber hisses. I can see Rayne hating this. Amber grabs a bracelet from her pocket and unclips the broken one and clips on the new one. "Hmm." Amber stares at her and quickly before either of us could move, sticks the syringe into my neck. She pushes the lead into my neck and chuckles opening the door. I gasp as I grab my neck.
"W-why?" I whisper out.
"I felt like it." Amber smirks and drags Jamie in. "Have fun with the Dhampir." She says waking up Jamie. She shuts the door locking us all in.