19

CHAPTER NINETEEN
Luna's POV
I slowly wake up to hearing a cock of a gun and a thump on the ground. I open my eyes quickly and look around me. I see Rayne staring at me and I look at Jamie pointing a gun at my face. My breath caught in my throat as I stared down the barrel of the gun.
"Jamie... Please, don't do this." Rayne begged her.
"Leave. I dare you." Jamie hissed. I looked at Rayne and mouthed for her to leave. She slowly stood up from the ground and backed away from us, she then turned and took off running.
'She'll get help' I thought in my mind.
"Yikes. Sucks for you." She hissed and pulled the trigger, the bullet entered my leg. I let out a scream. I went to grab my leg but my hands were cuffed behind my back. I looked at Rayne's silhouette as she was jumping over the tree branch that was in the forest. She was running towards me. She was almost near the pile of weeds. In a few seconds she jumped over the steps, punching Jamie in the face making her fall to the ground unconscious. I stared at the scene. Rayne standing over Jamie's unconscious body. She grabbed the handcuff keys and uncuffed me. I grabbed my leg.
"Come on, let's go. We can make it together this time. I don't have to come back." She said and picked me up, having me piggy-back ride her. She took off running into the forest with me on her back. Jumping over branches and moving under tall ones. After a couple miles into the forest my bracelet got really tight and I was losing a lot of blood.
"Rayne..." I whispered.
"I can't stop for another mile Luna." She said and picked up speed. I felt my eyes close and my breathing slowed down. I felt my pulse beat through the bracelet. I passed out.