18

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
Luna's POV
I wake up, breathing heavily and cold sweat on my arms and face. I got my breathing under control and went to the bathroom after grabbing a shirt and pants. I took a shower and got out, changing into the clothes. I looked at my shaky hands and took a deep breath, a few seconds later I released it.
"Luna?" I heard a whisper and slowly opened the door. I saw Rayne looking at me concerned. I smiled and slowly went over to the bed curling up and closing my eyes. I could feel her eyes on me.
"When did they die?" She asked sitting next to me.
"Eight years ago..." I said as my voice cracked. "A little girl who cried herself to sleep at night because she missed her family so much..." I whispered, turning away from her.
"My dad and mother died in a drunk driving accident...." She whispered. "And my brother died a year later from cancer..." She took a shaky breath and I felt her touch my shoulder. "I was 15 when my parents died, my brother was 18. I was 16 when my brother died." I slowly looked at her. I can't believe I'm gonna say this.
"I was 10 when my parents, sisters, and brother died in a fire..." I said looking down. She lifted her hand up and lifted my head so I was looking at her.
"That was your house, wasn't it?" She asked and I slowly nodded, laying back down.
"Let me guess... Jamie is your sister?" She asked. I took a deep breath and responded with hatred.
"My sister died in the fire... that thing, it's not her." Rayne nodded and hugged me, and I hugged back.
There was a knock on the door and it opened, Amber walked in with a taser in her hand.
"Luna. Follow me, Rayne, stay here." I slowly got up, afraid of being shocked, I slowly looked at Rayne when I saw her get up. I shook my head and followed Amber out.
Amber grabbed my wrist and hooked a bracelet around my wrist. She then walked to the door and opened it. "You've got chores." She said and pushed me out the door. I landed on the wet ground. I stared at her in confusion. "Pull out all the weeds, and when you are done sit next to the door. Don't go past the trees. Start pulling, you have two hours to do this, or you'll get punished." She said and shut the door.
I looked at my wrist and pulled at the band as I started pulling the weeds, putting them into huge piles. I got closer and closer to the forest, I wanted to run away so badly but Rayne was still here. I can't risk it.
I groaned as my back continued to hurt more and more. I sat against the tree closest to me and closed my eyes. It felt like forever before I got up. I looked at the piles of weeds that led back to the house. I grab all the weeds and move them to the next pile until there is one huge pile in front of the back door.
I walked up the steps to the back door and sat down on the blankets that Amber left out there to dry. I curled up in a ball with the blanket around me. I found a water bottle next to the door and chugged it down. I set the bottle down and looked at the sunset. It has been way more than a couple hours. But I'm not complaining. I love being outside. I slowly closed my eyes, drifting off to sleep.