23

Chapter Twenty-Three
I watched Jamie sit against the wall after a while and she was drained, I could tell. I sat up and looked at Rayne.
"She still needs blood, let me help..." I said looking from Rayne to Jamie.
"You've done enough." She hisses at me. "Rayne will be fine, Sit back down."
"I didn't mean to Jamie, you've got to believe me...." I whispered trying to convince myself.
"You never mean to Luna." She scoffs at me. "Just when I thought you had changed.." She mutters under her breath.
"I have!" I say and move closer.
"No." She states and I move back to the wall.
I see Rayne move and she sees me, she moves away from me quickly.
"It's okay, I've got you." Jamie says sitting in front of her. Rayne moves away from her too and pushes her back into the corner.
Her eyes darted between Jamie and me.
"I'm sorry..." I whisper out.
"Shut up." Jamie says looking at me. I close my mouth and look down.
"W-what happened..." Rayne asks looking at Jamie.
"Lead and wood... neither is a good thing for us..."
"Us?" Rayne asks, her eyes looking from me to Jamie.
"Yes, us." Jamie sits down in front of her. "I've got control." She says and looks at Rayne with a half smile.
"Luna had control, how can I be so sure that you, someone who tortured us, won't hurt me..." She hesitated and looked at me. I looked at her and then back down, ashamed.
Jamie grabbed her bracelet that was around her arm and tugged on it, it looked like it had been there for years.
"Jamie?" I asked, "How long?" She didn't look at me and shook her head. "Its lead... that's why it's affecting us.." I whispered and she looked at me.
"Don't look at me like that, I did what I had to do to survive without you. You didn't even look after the fire, you just ran. Like always." She hissed at me and looked back at Rayne.
"Why lead?" She looked at Jamie. "Isn't it wood?" Jamie chuckled and shook her head.
"Sure wood hurts just like the next thing but lead is what's poison, it messes with our minds and our bodies. We resort back to no soul, no consciousness. We aren't there. We hear everything but we can't do anything about it, all we want is to feed, to kill." She said whispering the last part.
"I'm sorry Rayne..." I said moving away from the wall a little bit.
Rayne eyed me and I stopped, "I didn't mean to..." I said looking down at my bloody hands... her blood.
She looked back at Jamie, "no control?" She asked. Jamie shook her head and looked at me.
"We remember everything though..."
"Don't do it again Luna or I'll hurt you." She says looking at me, I smile slightly and move closer to her, I'm a few feet away from her and she stops me. I nod and move a couple inches back and sit down.
"You need to do what Amber says...I can't help you... not now. I can't lose control like that, not when you're here." I say looking at her.
"I'm not listening to that bitch." She hissed and I moved back. I can't become that ever again.
"Please... She'll do it again..."
"Jamie will protect me." She says looking at Jamie.
"Woah, facing that, I can only do that once..." Jamie says looking from Rayne to me.
"You've got to, cause I'm not listening to her." She stated.