We Don't Talk Anymore┆Nozel Silva

❛ NOZEL SILVA 
We don't talk anymore like we used to do.

Entering the large ballroom of the venue, you immediately caught the attention of almost everybody. But one. You, Y/N L/N, the newly promoted vice-captain of the Golden Dawn Squad, same positioned with Langris, the Wizard King decided to hold a party for all. Not just for you, of course, but for all other Magic Knights who got promoted as well.

"Y/N, you look very stunning tonight."

Wearing your favorite midnight blue lacy gown with a slit on the left leg, you smiled at William's comment, your captain.

"Thank you," was enough answer.

"Let's enjoy the night, shall we?"

William offered his hand as you accepted it gladly. But little did you know that from some distance, Nozel Silva is watching your little scene. He may deny that he's jealous, but he really is. Nozel Silva, the self-centered captain, is your ex-boyfriend. The break-up's reason might be obvious, that he's too drown with his work and barely had enough time for your relationship.

It's fine with you at first though, having you as his supporter. You're always at his back, obeying and giving everything he needs. But in the end, his attitude acted up. He treats you...not as his girlfriend, but more like his maid. He pushes you away, avoids you, everything. And that hit you very hard, you want to stop. You don't want to be in that role anymore. You deserve someone better.

You deserve someone who is not Nozel.

For the time being, you spent the night with William. William Vangeance is a very mature person, let's say. He's well-mannered and everything. A total opposite of Nozel? Maybe, in some matters.

"Are you on good terms with Nozel, Y/N?"

William opened a sensitive topic but you refused to turn down his question. Finishing your drink with a sip, you smiled. Bitterly. Deep down, it still hurts.

"We don't talk anymore."

You knew that the latter wanted to ask more questions but he chose to be quiet. You excused yourself to get some fresh air, walking towards the terrace of the palace. It was eerie quiet, a perfect place to calm your nerves and mind until someone broke the silence, leaving you irritated and nervous at the same time.

"Why are you here?" your voice was painted with irritation but you acted calm.

"Did you enjoy William's company?"

Nozel. Nozel, Nozel, Nozel. You thought you're not talking anymore. But first of all, why is he even here? Here at the party, right here with you at the terrace. You thought that he'll be better off on his own with his paper works.

"I choose not to answer the question. Excuse me."

As you were about to walk away, Nozel caught your wrists before he slid his free hand on your waist, leaving you blushing.

"We need to talk."

"We don't need to talk anymore, Nozel. Let go of me."

"No—"

"I said let go."

Threatening him with your cold, stern voice, he didn't budge. Just by looking at his eyes, you know you can't keep up using this serious side of yours, knowing that you'll get drown by his beautiful orbs. His smells still linger on your system, waking up something buried deep inside you, inside your heart.

"Y/N, please. I need you back," He clearly didn't say he wants you back. He needs you back.

"Why? Can't get a new maid? Or a new secretary?" you scoffed.

"Y/N, don't be stubborn. Please, just this once, listen."

Listen? Now he's the one to talk, You thought.

"I'm..."

By the look of it, you knew he's having a hard time saying those words. But deep inside, you know he's trying. He's a prideful person, he never lowers his guard. That's Nozel Silva. But for tonight, he's doing it for you. He's swallowing that pride just to get you back. And hoping, he succeeds.

"I'm sorry."

"Took you long enough to say it."

Forcing yourself out of his grip, you cupped his cheeks, making him blush. You close the gap between the both of you but not enough to make your lips met.

Not yet.

"Say it again," you commanded at the captain, making him roll his eyes.

"No—"

"Fine, I'll just leave."

Mentally, you're laughing but keep a serious face. Nozel, on the other hand, grunted before catching your wrists again, muttering a low toned, 'Fine'. you chuckled at the action before facing the latter.

"I'm sorry, Y/N. For everything I did. I promise not to do it again."

Seriously, he said it like it's memorized. But never mind. You still love him. You smiled before cupping his cheeks, this time, you kissed him. Very long, very passionate, very loving. The kind of kiss that only you can give Nozel.

"I really thought we'll never talk again."

"Me too, Nozel. Me too."

Not from some distance, someone is hiding behind a pillar, trying to regain his composure, not minding his heartbreaking. He saw everything, heard everything. But being too matured, he didn't mind diving into the scene.

He thought it's better if he's off within shadows.

"You just told me the both of you aren't talking anymore."

And with that, William left the terrace.