I'd Lie┊Leopold Vermillion

❛ LEOPOLD VERMILLION 
And if you asked me if I love him, I'd lie.

"Do you like me, Y/N-chan?"

"Y/N-chan, you're blushing!"

"Wieee, you like me?"

"Y/N-chan, admit it!"

All of those questions and your answer is no. No. You don't like your best friend, Leopold Vermillion.

Of course not!

Why? Well, because he's too noisy. You'll go out every Saturday and he'll eventually ask you to spar with him. After all, you're childhood best friends. You used to take baths together, sleep together, eat and play together. But, he's always trying to catch you...but you're always lying.

Leopold Vermillion.

Aside from being childhood best friends, the both of you shared dreams. You both wanted to be Magic Knights, and eventually, it happened! You are also classmates, since kinder! But when you were in fourth grade, he got lower grades than usual so he was forced to attend another section. Next grading, he really did his best that's why you became classmates again.

Of course, there were rumors. Rumors that you were a couple when you both reached high school. At first, it was nothing for you. But in the end, Leopold will always tease you about that.

"You like me, Y/N-chan? That's so sweet!"

You rolled your eyes at him. "Quit dreaming, slowpoke."

"Argh, such a denial queen."

"Oh really? What if you're really the one who likes me, huh?"

You put up a triumphant smile while Leopold hardly blushes, looking away. Heh, look at you, being the denial king now.

"Of course not! Bleh!"

He pinched your cheeks before finally running away, joining Solid Silva and his other friends as he tapped their backs. That's always the scene. He'll ask you and you'll refuse.

Promenade.

Third-year prom. In this case, your teacher encouraged everyone to pick their dates. Surprisingly, no one invited you. You were irritated, of course! You mean, what's wrong with you? You're close with almost all of the boys in the classroom yet in the end, you'll have to dance with a chair at the upcoming event.

Leopold grabbed his tummy while laughing his lungs out.

"Are you serious?! You're crying about it?"

"I'm not crying, idiot!"

Shoving him away, you wiped your tears. Hmph, as much as you hated to admit it, you're sad. No one invited you! This is a once in a lifetime experience as a high school student and yet you'll not be able to enjoy it.

"Stop crying, it doesn't fit you."

"Shut it, Leo!"

He tried to remove your hand covering my face but you just pushed him away. "If you want, I'll be your date!"

You were given a little bit of hope, making your eyes bigger but... "Ha! Over my dead body! Never!"

"Whoo! Tsun-tsun! C'mon, I'll—"

"Hmph! I said no!"

"Tsk. Stubborn idiot," Rolling his eyes, he slumped beside me, arms crossed in his chest.

"Aren't you even going to force me harder?"

"Do you want to be my date or not?"

He asked, a little bit irritated. Okay fine, this is for the best. You don't want to dance with a chair on the dance floor, right?

"Hmm, as if I got another choice!"

Then obviously, you're partnered with your best friend.

"Y/N-chan, let's dance!" He asked with a glass of juice in his hand. He's smiling like a child as if he's so excited.

"I'm tired."

"What the?! Then what are you planning to do?"

"Hmph!"

Rolling your eyes for the hundredth time today, you finally gave in. You dragged him into the middle of the dance floor as you shyly put your arms on his shoulder as his arms, the other hand, slid on your waist.

"Yiee, you're blushing, Y/N-chan!"

"It's just hot, idiot Leo!"

As the song changed into something mellow and lovely, the lights dimmed a little bit as no one between the both of you spoke. Until Leopold broke the silence.

"Y/N, can I ask you something?"

He didn't call you any nicknames, for now, meaning he's serious. Nodding, you met his gaze. He really is serious, you can tell it from his eyes.

"Do you like me?"

You were shocked at first but you averted your gaze immediately.

"No."

"You don't have feelings for me?"

"I don't."

Sighing, he let go of you, leaving you in the middle. He started to walk away, leaving you lowering your head. Your heart is aching. Deeply sighing, you whispered.

"You asked me the wrong question, Leo." You bit your lip, fingers fidgeting. "I don't like you...I love you."

"I heard that."