Coffee┊Julius Novachrono

❛ JULIUS NOVACHRONO 
I'll make a cup of coffee with the right amount of sugar, how you like it?

You woke up early, only to feel the other side of the bed empty and lightweight again. Face palming, you took a deep breath. It's always like this, Julius needed to be early for work and you have to tend for yourself. You missed cuddling with him, you missed waking up with him, you missed hearing his morning voice, you missed him and his own-cooked breakfast meals, everything. You felt so sad but not enough for you to cry again. This isn't new to you anymore.

Once fully seated on the bed, you took a moment to look around your room. You looked at your room before but not like this. Now, your eyes didn't just pass through your things... now, you looked at everything. At how the pale-yellow paint of your walls contrasted the dark wood of your floor. How your books are perfectly classified and organized on your shelves, waiting for you to explore the hidden wonders inside it.

But not today. You can't sit idly in your house, waiting for your husband to come home, watch him eat the dinner you made before sleeping.

"Fine, I'm visiting him today!" You cheered like a baby before preparing. You missed him, and I bet he misses you too. Oh, and your coffee too, of course.

Marx opened the door for you when you knocked twice. Thanking him after, you saw your husband sitting in the middle of a huge pile of papers. You saw how his eyebrows furrowed while signing different papers on both left and right. It's just eight in the morning but he looked so stressed already. He looked as if he was kicked by a thousand horses on the field.

Sitting in front of him, that's the only time he noticed you.

"Oh, love!"

"Goodmorning!" Rushing to his side, you gave him a quick kiss on the lips, followed by a very tight hug.

"I'm sorry, I didn't wake you up when I left," Julius explained himself.

You smiled. "It's fine, don't worry. Anyways, I can make a cup of coffee with the right amount of sugar, how you like it?"

"Aww, thank you!"

"You're always welcome, baby."

"Baby?" He raised an eyebrow. "I'm not a baby."

"Oh?" You chuckled before walking towards the counter where you can prepare his favorite coffee. "In the state you're in, you're a baby."

He frowned before crossing his arms on his chest. Oh, did I already told you that he was almost killed by Licht–Patri, but turned himself back in the past so here he is now, a child. Still, he looked so cute! He's still trying to figure things out, how he could turn himself back to normal, and gather pages for his grimoire.

As you started brewing his coffee, he released a sounded sigh as you peeked at him. His eyes were closed while he's leaning on his chair. He looked like an ordinary kid thinking about his problems. If you'll take him out for a date, no one will point out that you're a couple. Smelling the drink you made for him, you realized it was perfect. With the sweetness, sourness, and creaminess all combined, this is his favorite.

You placed it in front of him as he opened his eyes, cheerfully taking a sip from it.

"Thank you, love."

Your face scrunched. "It creeps me out when you're calling me like that, yet you looked like a child."

"You're so mean," he pouted.

"Just kidding!"

You sat beside him, hugging him very tightly. You missed him so much and you wanted to cuddle with him already. Of course, you can't do intimate stuff with him temporarily. No way! That's, damn creepy. Gross. He snuggled his face on your neck, caressing your back.

"Can we stay like this longer?" He whispered.

"Of course, Julius."

"You always make me feel nice."

You smiled as your fingers entangled themselves on his blonde hair. "That's good to hear."

You both stayed in that position for a couple of minutes. You grabbed the opportunity to feel his warmth on you, to feel how soft he is, to feel your husband close. That's when someone cleared his throat on your back.

"Excuse me, King Julius, but I guess you still have to finish your paper works."

"Oh," you chuckled, letting go of your husband. "Sorry, Marx-chan!"

"Marx-chan?" The mushroom head whispered while smiling but shrugged his shoulders afterward, standing beside the Wizard King again so he can monitor his work.

"Eh? I still want to cuddle with my wife, Mushroom."

"But you have to do your job too."

You laughed at how the two bickered before throwing yourself comfortably on the couch, fishing out three books you brought with you so you won't get bored.

"Don't worry, baby. I'll stay with you for the whole day."

And those words coming from you made him motivated to finish these tons of papers in front of him so you both can spend time with each other later.