Death Bed┊Fuegoleon Vermillion

❛ FUEGOLEON VERMILLION 
I've been praying for forgiveness, you've been praying for my health.

Staring at the white ceiling above you, you're starting to feel it. Every time you're going to close your eyes, you're scared. Scared that you might not open them, you might not wake up again. Not waking up without saying goodbye to your husband, to your small daughter.

That's the most painful part.

Sighing deeply, you clutched the white blanket covering half of your body. Tears are bound to fell but no, you stopped them. Any second right now, your husband might barge in you don't want him to see you like this.

I hope I go to heaven so I'll see Fuegoleon once again.

"Mommy!"

You saw your little daughter entering the hospital room with her father behind with a...cake on his hands? But why?

"Happy Birthday, Mommy!"

"Happy Birthday, love."

They're giving you smiles. Smiles.

Looking at the calendar, you realized it wasn't your birthday yet. You gave them a confused look and as you were about to protest, your daughter hugged you.

"Let's celebrate your birthday earlier, Mommy!"

Right. She's right. Let's celebrate your birthday, probably the last. Fuegoleon leaned in to kiss you and you weakly kissed back. You're going to miss these. The small moments, your husband, your daughter, your family, everything.

My life was kinda short but I got so many blessings.

Your husband helped you to sit as your daughter opened the cake in front of you. They lit the candle as they sang a birthday song. In the end, you were left crying. Speechless.

They're waiting for your wish.

"Happiness. I wish my family happiness."

Everyone cheered after you blew the cake, before Leopold came inside, greeting you a happy birthday too. He, on the other hand, put something in your head until you realized it was a Christmas hat. Okay, what's with everybody? You chuckled, hugging the boy.

"Now, it's Christmas?" you joked.

"Yup, Mommy! Merry Christmas! We got you a gift. Open it, open it!"

Seeing the big box on your lap, you tiredly open it. Inside, there's an album. Of course, you took your sweet time looking at the pictures. It's just so many. So many memories. The day continued with the others celebrating even New Year with you and eating the dishes they prepared for you. But unfortunately, you can't eat that much.

You had lupus.

You've been in and out of the hospital for your years, making you quit the Magic Knights. You were so tired, you don't want to fight anymore but because of your family, you're motivated. Even though you'll still end up on a dead-end, you never stopped fighting.

For Fuegoleon, for your daughter.

But deep, deep down, you were fed up.

"Love, why are you crying?"

Fuegoleon sat beside you, caressing your hair. Everyone bid their goodbyes to you already and you were left with your daughter sleeping soundly beside you and your husband. Touching Fuegoleon's cheek, you finally let out your tears. Your time's about to come.

"I'm going to miss you, Fueggy."

Not protesting back, he caught your pale, cold hand as his tears fell from his eyes too. You wanted to ask the Almighty why everything happened to you. Why you had lupus when you did nothing wrong. Why you have to leave early when you've been a good human. You still want to see your daughter go to school, marry a man, have children, and stuff. You still want to grow old with your husband.

But sadly, it won't happen anymore. You can't get out of this death bed.

"Take care of Fiona," You were choking on your own saliva.

"I will, Y/N. I will."

God, keep an eye on them for me. I won't be able to stay on their side, much more to protect them. God, please...

"D-Do you really have to go?"

You gave Fuegoleon a weak smile. "I'm so sorry."

I'm so sorry for leaving you like this. For leaving early. For breaking your heart. For making you cry. Was I a good wife? A good mother?

I'm sorry if you have to lose me.

Your shaking hands wiped Fuegoleon's tears away. You can't see him like this. It's making your heartache.

"Don't cry because it's over, sweetie. Smile because it happened."

You two met each other, you got married, you had a family. It was fun. It was happy. It was satisfying.

"I love you, Y/N. I will always love you. Forever."

This is your last kiss with Fuegoleon Vermillion. No more next. The last.

Even though you didn't answer, he knew. He knew how much you love him. How much you love your family. It's just so painful but you were left with no other choice but to accept. How cruel this world could be?

It's just so unfair.

Kissing your daughter's forehead, Fiona, you smiled. You gripped your husband's hand very tight as if you're giving him the last energy you had in you.

"Be good," were your last words.

And then, you took your last breathe, body turning limp. You have no regrets.

Finally, your suffering has ended.

Author's Note:

I'm writing this today, 07/20/2020, the day when Haikyuu's manga ended. It's also Oikawa's birthday. That's it, I'm sad. I'm going to miss them so bad...