When I Look at You┊Asta

❛ ASTA 
You love me for who I am, like the stars hold the moon.

Y/N'S POINT OF VIEW

I stepped into the battlefield, with my only bow and arrow on hand. There is no room for fear, no room for nervousness. I need courage. I need to be brave. Not only because I'm a Magic Knight, but also because I'm representing my squad, Black Bulls. When everyone lost their hope in me, when everyone turned their backs on me, only Captain Yami accepted me. Only Captain Yami told me that there's still a bright future waiting for me even if I'm magicless. My childhood friends, Asta and Yuno, all were accepted in this job at the same, exact time, but I and Asta are sharing the same squad.

This is our first mission. Well, first dangerous, I guess.

My legs shook as I took my small steps, hugging my weapon, while Asta on the other hand, is shaking, not because he is nervous, but because he's so excited. How can he be excited at times like these when his life is on the line?!

"AAAAAAAA, I'M ON FIRE!"

Luck and Magna-senpai cheered with him, activating their magics. My five-leaf grimoire book which is colored gray, floated in the air as I run on Asta's side. I bet, he sensed how tensed I am.

"Are you okay, Y/N-chan?!" He dropped his sword, sandwiching my cheeks with his hands. "You look so pale!"

"Oya, Y/N-chan? You can step out, for now, we can handle this."

Luck put a hand on my shoulder, giving me a reassuring smile. I'm damn nervous, but backing out never flashed in my mind! Even if I'm on the edge of pissing my uniform, I will not! I shook my head, catching his soft hand.

"I-I want to fight with you, guys."

"That's great! We will help you, Y/N-chan!"

"Thank you, Magna-senpai!"

"Yo, brats! There's no time for chit-chatting!" Captain Yami commanded as we all readied on our spots.

Luck and Magna were the first ones to launch heavy attacks on our opponent as Asta backed them up. Of course, even if I already called all the saints on heaven to save me, activated my anti-magic too. Yes, like Asta's sword, my arrows can cut magic too. It's just that in my case, I can do it on long ranges. I kneeled on one knee before closing my right eye so I can aim at the enemy better. Two attacks were successfully landed but a lady caught my presence, now making me her opponent.

She rushed in my direction before giving me a solid kick on the stomach, making me fly to the different side of the battlefield. I coughed out blood before weakly reaching my bow. That's when she grabbed me by the collar, throwing up effortlessly above and before I reached the ground once more, I saw how rocks turned spiky, ready to pierce me into pieces. An adrenaline rush came to my system as I aimed my arrows at it. It cleanly cut the rocks into two so I safely landed on my feet.

Oh my God, I defended myself! I did it!

The beautiful lady with a sinister smirk grunted under her breath before rocks float on her back, aiming in my direction again. I activated my powers, multiple arrows so it can counter attack those rocks, but it's not enough to shield my body completely. Some of it landed on my face and stomach and because of the heavy impact, I flew backward again, hitting a tree before falling on the ground, face first. Oh my God, am I going to die here?!

"Are you really a Magic Knight?" She scoffed. "You don't look and fight like one."

I blinked multiple times, trying to fix my vision because it's starting to get blurry. My fragile arms tried to reach my arrow once more but she recklessly stepped on my hands, making me scream in pain because she's goddamn wearing heels and it's piercing my skin!

Who knew heels can be this dangerous?!

"You're such a shame to your squad."

Tears formed in the corner of my eyes when I heard every word she said. "And, you don't even have a single drop of magic in you. What're you trying to show me? How weak you are?"

She gave out an evil laugh when I saw a huge rock above us, ready to crush me. She jumped back when she activated her magic once more and all that's left for me to do is to close my eyes.

"Die!"

As if on cue, Asta came dashing towards my direction, carrying me on bridal style out of the place so the rock won't hit me. I looked at him, I looked at how furious his expressions are. I looked at how mad he is. Was it because I was about to die? Or was it because I'm such an idiot warrior? My shaking hands touched his cheeks as he put me someplace safe.

"T-Thank you—"

"You made me worried! When I saw you fighting off that damn woman, I knew you're going to be in danger and I was right!"

When my world is falling apart, when there's no light to break up the dark. That's when I look at you.

I looked down. "I'm sorry. For being weak, for being—"

"It's not what I mean, Y/N. What I mean is, I can't lose you. I can't lose someone precious as you."

I was taken aback by his words. It was so sincere, so heart-melting. I rushed to him, enveloping him inside a very warm embrace. This time, I will become tougher, stronger. I will do my best and I will become better. Why? Because someone is waiting for me, someone is worried about me, someone is out there, hoping that I can handle myself. And that someone is Asta. I can't have him saving my ass always. I can't have him getting so worked up because of my idiocy.

I smiled before taking his hand, standing up on my feet even if it's a little bit wobbly.

"Y-Y/N-chan?!"

"Come on, Asta, let's go back. The others need our help."

"Y-You're going to fight?! But you're injured—"

"I can handle myself. I promise that I'll do better now!"

When the waves are flooding the shore and I can't find my way home anymore. That's when I look at you.

He smiled back before nodding his head. I felt his warm hand touching mine as he shouted on top of his lungs.

"LET'S GOOOOOOOOO!"