New Page┊Julius Novachrono

❛ JULIUS NOVACHRONO 
Those footsteps pointing the way will soon disappear.

REQUESTED BY: cieechii. Thank you!!

No matter how colorful painted these walls are, no matter how loud the music on his player is, no matter how bright the sun shines outside, the whole place is dark and silent for him. Everyone knew that it has been three years but the memories and the wound inside his little, fragile beating heart is still fresh as new.

"Julius-sama."

Marx opened the office door of the Wizard King, Julius, with a pile of paper works in his hands. The man later then nodded his head, accepting those bond papers before grabbing his ballpen and started signing it silently.

It wasn't new for Marx anymore.

"Julius-sama, there'll be a meeting–"

"Tell the captains I'm coming."

"R-Roger that," said the blue-haired mushroom, quietly leaving the office because he knew that Julius won't escape from his paper works anymore like the way he used to do.

Smelling the drink you made for him, you realized it was perfect. With the sweetness, sourness, and creaminess all combined, this is his favorite. You placed the cup of coffee in front of him as he opened his eyes, cheerfully taking a sip from it.

"Thank you, love."

Your face scrunched. "It creeps me out when you're calling me like that, yet you looked like a child."

"You're so mean," he pouted.

"Just kidding!"

Julius took a hold of his coffee mug, seeing that it was empty. He smiled involuntarily, remembering that bittersweet memory when you used to prepare him his favorite brewed drink. Now that he's back on his original physical body, not the kid-looking one, he tried his best to feel fine and do better on his own.

You sat beside him, hugging him very tightly. He snuggled his face on your neck, caressing your back.

"Can we stay like this longer?" He whispered.

"Of course, Julius.

"You always make me feel nice."

You smiled as your fingers entangled themselves on his blonde hair. "That's good to hear."

"Yes," He whispered. "You always make me feel nice." But now, who's going to make me feel better?

He kept talking to himself for hours and hours until he realized that he finished his paper works. Carefully, he put his ballpen down before flying out of the room. He felt suffocated, asphyxiated. His feet dragged him mindlessly to the place where you are and it was eerie quiet. Only the leaves rustling on the wind could be heard, and his heart beating so fast for you.

"Don't worry, baby. I'll stay with you for the whole day."

"I won't leave your side, silly. Now, finish your work."

"I missed you so much, Julius baby!"

He bit his lip when he saw you sitting in a wheelchair, not too far from him. You're looking on the ground with a smile on your face and bouquet on hand, the one he gave you yesterday.

"Julius," You called, looking at him with such genuine grin and eyes.

Tears escaped from his eyes as he walked slowly, kneeling in front of you.

"Y/N, my love."

"I'm so sorry," You caressed his fluffy, blonde hair. "I can't make a cup of coffee for you anymore."

"It was my fault! It was all my fault! If...If I'm just stronger if only I–"

"Julius," you cooed. "Stop blaming yourself. You did what you knew what's best and that is protecting the people. Actually, it's my fault for being too clumsy."

"Y-You told me you'll stay by my side," his voice is painted with grief and disappointment. Your soft, slender fingers traced his jawline before forcing his face to look at you.

"I'm so sorry," you whispered. "I'm so sorry, Julius, but can you please stop crying for me anymore?"

"How?!" He roared under his breath, gripping your hands. "Teach me, please. Tell me how."

"You have to move on and live meaningfully like the way you used to. Live for me and be happy for me, baby. I want to see your smile again. Turn a new page because this chapter ended already and you can't stay on this part forever. Tomorrow is waiting for you, love. A brighter and better tomorrow."

As you placed your palm on his cheek, it was cold. Very, very cold.

"My–these footsteps will soon disappear, Julius."

"But I can't let you go. Please, I still can't. Stay with me a little longer."

"I can't keep spoiling you, you know?" You tried to chuckle. "You got those fine legs, right? Stand up, move on, and live. Not only for yourself, but for me."

As your face inched nearer to your husband, you attached your cold and shaking lips to his.

"I am always with you. I'm always inside your heart, baby."

With a last look, you whispered. "I love you so much, Julius."

The wind suddenly blew hard, leaves flying across the air. The next thing he knew, he was alone in the cemetery. No, he was really alone in the first place. He's just seeing things. Looking at the bouquet he saw you holding earlier, placed in front of the tombstone where your name is encrypted, Julius wiped his tears before smiling.

I will live and smile for you, Y/N. I promise. Please, guide me from the heavens.

"I love you too, love. So much."