Fools┊Asta

❛ ASTA 
What if we ruin it all and we love like fools?

You were crying on your knees, begging your parents to give up that marriage. You don't want to get married yet, much more to marry someone you don't even meet! After all, there's already one person owning your heart and you pledged up to the bottom of your heart that he's the only man you will love.

Forever.

And that is Asta.

You don't care if he's a peasant, all you knew is that he's the one for you. This is discrimination! Why is there a line between nobles and commoners?! This is unfair! They didn't choose to be born into a poor family, yet we are all humans so why are they receiving unfair treatment?!

"I don't want to marry him! I don't even know who's that man!"

"Shut your mouth, Y/N. He's the future of this family!"

You're wrong. Mom, you're wrong! The future of this family depends on the members. Not on some rich stranger! And they're even sacrificing their own daughter, you. You shook your head before clutching your gown. Dammit, you don't want to be here anymore!

"I will not offer my hand for that stupid marriage!"

And with that, you ran away from your mansion. The butlers tried running after you but you use your magic powers to get away as far as you can. You don't care about your life anymore, you just want to see Asta. You don't even bother if you'll eat tatoes your whole life, as long as you're with him, everything's fine.

When you finally landed on Hage Village, the first thing that came to your mind is to find the Church. You knew Asta's in there.

"Asta! Asta!"

That idiot, where is him?! Your gown was a mess. Your make-up is already scattering badly on your face. Even your heels are already broken that's why you're forced to walk on your bare feet. Such a bad image for a noble with a very respected name.

"Y/N, what are you—what happened?!"

You fell right into Asta's arms, crying. Finally, the kind of home you're looking for. Feeling his touch on your head, he carried you inside the Church, laying you carefully in one of the benches. The kids automatically offered you water and a towel as the sister offered you a new pair of clothes.

"Tell me what happened," Asta's worried as hell.

"I..." You're choking on your own saliva and your voice is cracking. Shaking your head, you clutched into Asta's shirt, burying your head into his chest.

"I don't want to marry yet, Asta. They'll take me away from you!"

"Who...who will take you away from me?"

"My family! They're planning to arrange my marriage to someone I don't know! Asta, I don't want to come back to my family anymore! You're the only man I'll marry! Please..."

Seeing you like this, Asta's hurting too. Seeing you in pain, seeing you so stressed, he doesn't know what to do. He just wants to cheer you up, he wants to hug you forever and give you endless kisses. Closing your eyes, you still can't calm down.

"P-Please..." You cried out.

"Don't worry, Y/N. I won't let them take you," was the only words you want to hear but then Asta pushed you away. Those words you've been wanting to hear never came out of his mouth. Asta loves you more than any woman in the world, but we're talking about your family. He wants to claim you his but it's just that...it's hard. The both of you can't erase the line between nobles and peasants.

"Y/N, you have to—"

"No! Asta, please! No, don't let me go!" You begged, and begged. And begged. But it feels like his decision is already absolute.

"Y/N, we can't! It's your family! I...I love you, you know how much I—"

"Then let's run away! Please, Asta. I beg you, I don't want to marry any other man except you!"

He's crying too. He's in pain. He's hurting. Both of you. But that both of you can't just do an immediate solution. You hugged your lover very tight as if you don't want to let go anymore but Asta opposed his feelings. He's doing this for you, for your family. He doesn't want you to end up like him, discriminated and humored. You're a noble. You aren't supposed to eat tatoes!

"Asta, please! Don't be like that—"

"Holy, holy! Y/N!" There goes your mother, barging inside the Church as she grabbed you away from Asta.

"Mom, please—"

The next thing you knew, you felt a sting on your left cheek. Your mother slapped you. She tried to wake you up from your fantasy. This isn't a joke anymore.

"Y/N, wake up! I can't let you marry a man like..."

Your mother stopped for a moment as she looked horribly at Asta from head to toe. "...like him!"

Before you could even protest, two butlers dragged you away from the place leaving you shouting Asta's name until the end. But he didn't even move his feet. He didn't even look at you. He's just...crying. He's letting you go. Even though it hurts him a lot, that's the best thing he could do. You can't believe him, you can't believe what you're seeing.

It feels like...he just threw all the memories you shared.

"A-Asta..."

His name, until the end, is the one you're calling. You never lost your hope. Until the wedding day. You waited, and waited, and waited. You're a fool. You're both fools. Crying, you look at yourself in the mirror, wearing a white gown, wishing it was Asta that's waiting for you at the altar.

But no. It's Langris.

You took off your necklace, the one given by Asta. Maybe it's time. Time for you to let him go. There's no chance for the both of you.

"Do you, Y/N L/N, take Langris—"

"Wait!"

Everyone inside the church looked at the small man, panting, at the front porch. You all looked at the man who just interrupted the priest's most important question to you in this wedding.

It was Asta.

Unconsciously, your tears fell from your eyes before you run towards him. I waited for you for so long, so damn long!

"Asta!"

"Y/N, let's run away!"

"I've been waiting all this time for you to say those words!"

Smiling, you threw the bouquet you were holding before grabbing Asta by the wrist, running out of the venue. Runaway, you've been wanting to do this with him!

After all, you can't help but laugh. It feels like this is a dream.

You really are both fools.