Getting Over You┊Julius Novachrono

❛ JULIUS NOVACHRONO 
I could spend my whole life getting over you.

REQUESTED BY: THAVMA-Thank you!!

"Where have you been?" Julius asked, not minding to lift his eyes from his paper works. "Again?"

You sighed, putting your bag down. "Somewhere."

He put a hand on his forehead, massaging it before leaning on his chair. "Y/N, don't start with me, please? I'm busy."

"Start with you?" You scoffed. "Excuse me, but I just answered your question."

"But you didn't answer it properly. I'm asking you where have you been?"

What's your care though? "I told you, just somewhere. I'm fine so you don't have to worry. Well, if you really do worry."

As you whispered the last phrase, you took of your blazer, setting it on the couch before planting a boring kiss on your boyfriend's cheeks.

"I'm going to sleep."

"We're still talking."

"We don't have anything to talk about, Julius–"

"Y/N," As his voice became stern and serious, you irritatingly stopped in your tracks before looking back at the man with an annoyed look on your face.

"What?!"

"We have to talk about this."

"This? This what? Julius, let's just talk tomorrow. I'm tired."

"Of course, who wouldn't get tired after dancing in a bar the whole night?! Your best friend is even with you but she didn't think of stopping you from drinking. We both knew how you hated alcohol, so what're you doing to yourself?! I'm just worried about you!"

"Worried?! Then if you do, then at least treat me as your girlfriend!"

"I am treating you as my girlfriend, don't you feel it?!"

"Oh really?" You clicked your tongue. "Then why do I feel like I'm just a potato? Like I'm just decoration for your life?! At least find some time for me! You only talk to me when we're eating meals, or when you want me to prepare your tea for you, or if you're heading to sleep!"

Julius momentarily stopped talking after he heard those words coming from you. It was his fault after all.

"You got time searching for different magic, you got time pulling pranks on Marx, but got no time for me! We've been like this for three years now! You knew I tried, I tried understanding you but I'm getting fed up. It feels like I just want to get over you..."

"Y-Y/N, please, I–"

"I'm tired. Let me sleep."

With that, you left Julius inside his office, directly heading to your room with tears silently falling from your eyes.

[ TIMESKIP ]

You've been crying all night long, especially when Julius didn't sleep with you. You realized that maybe, he was fed up too with your childish actions and selfishness. After all, all you've been thinking is yourself. You didn't think of him having a hard time balancing his time on being a Wizard King and a reliable person for the townspeople. You knew you should've been wiser and selfless instead of prioritizing your needs.

You fucking messed up. "I'm such an idiot!"

You slammed your head on the wall, no, on the pillow before crying on it again. You knew you have to do something. It was your fault anyway.

It's just five in the morning but you get up from your bed with you, hugging your pillow on your chest before silently walking towards his office. You don't feel any fatigue anymore as you paced back and forth in front of the door. Should you knock or just barge in like you usually do? What if he's still mad? What should you say? Just a simple sorry then walk out?

"Argh!" Grunting, you gathered all your courage before entering his office. No more hesitations, you need to make up for your fault.

"Julius!"

You softly called his name as you exactly saw him falling off from a chair, hitting his butt on the floor. Quickly rushing to his side, you supported your boyfriend and helped him to get up.

"Why are you climbing on a chair at exactly 5 in the morning?! Shouldn't you be sleeping still, you idiot!"

He winced in pain as he sat on the couch. "Damn, that hurts."

"Of course, stupid! What do you think you're doing?! I was here to say sorry for everything I said last night but it turns out, you just made me mad and worried!"

Julius scratched the back of his neck before chuckling sheepishly. "I-I was actually preparing a surprise."

"Surprise?"

"For you," he whispered.

"Huh? But why? I–"

"It's your birthday today, Y/N. Have you forgotten? I want to decorate my whole office and at the same time, say sorry for making you feel lonely but everything turned out a mess."

Sighing, you hugged Julius tightly. "You don't have to force and tire yourself, Julius, and I'm sorry for everything I said last night. I was too selfish and became childish for my own needs. I'm so sorry..."

"Aw, you look so adorable, Y/N!" Julius pinched your cheeks, giggling.

"Hey, I'm being serious here!" You pouted. "You're making fun of me again."

"I'm serious too! Look, you're so adorable!"

Crossing your arms against your chest, Julius changed his expression from giggly to a little bit serious.

"But I want to say sorry too, Y/N. Because of me, you felt like you're not important. You even felt like you're just a potato but no, you're so special to me. Always remember that, okay? And please, don't give up on me. I beg you. I can't and won't take it if you exit on my life so please, can you promise that you'll never let go of me?"

"Of course, silly!" You cupped his soft and chubby cheeks, squeezing them in the process. "I will never let go of you, I just accidentally said that I want to get over you but I don't mean it. I swear!"

"Yes! Now we're fine! We can finally celebrate your birthday! But first..."

"First?"

Julius smiled sheepishly, looking at the mess scattered on the floor. You clicked your tongue, staring back at your boyfriend in disbelief.

"Can you help me with the decorations?"